Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Saga continues.....Regretting this purchase

What should i do?

• This is the normal "Tesla" experience

Votes: 13 17.8%
  • Hire a attorney

Votes: 36 49.3%
  • Keep wasting time and letting them try to fix

Votes: 24 32.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They changed the language in the warranty last year to specifically exclude rattles and squeaks.
I had a rattle fixed under warranty just this week.

IMG_8124.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_8122.PNG
    IMG_8122.PNG
    103.9 KB · Views: 133
Reactions: electracity
Posting an update regarding the entire situation.... Not good for the most part.

Emails and phone calls are now going unanswered, Cant get solid answers or followup. Same issues and a few new ones.

I am wondering if its time to start a buyback.

Outstanding issues..

1. shimmy/wobble under hard acceleration... no real resolution being given.
2. heated wheel and all seats not working 98% of the time. they are still trying to figure it out....
3. car pulls hard to the left when accelerating, new issue after getting the car back with new steering rack.
4. car does not feel stable / less planted after rack replacement and alignment , car wonders left/right in general.
5. waiting on two front door panels to resolve rattle from audio.
6. still cant get any form resolution / paper trail about a dent on the fender after it was at the SC.trying since 5/31/18
7. screen has developed yellow borders as of last week.
8. waiting on drivers side mirror assembly to resolve loose glass vibration and constant whistle noise in wind.
9. waiting on new a pillar cover , old one no longer clips in correctly due to several removal/installs
10. rattle noise from front , replaced rack and right side air shock/strut. dented fender during this repair . still not fixed .... waiting for a fix.

Posting an update regarding the entire situation.... Not good for the most part.

Emails and phone calls are now going unanswered, Cant get solid answers or followup. Same issues and a few new ones.

I am wondering if its time to start a buyback.

Outstanding issues..

1. shimmy/wobble under hard acceleration... no real resolution being given.
2. heated wheel and all seats not working 98% of the time. they are still trying to figure it out....
3. car pulls hard to the left when accelerating, new issue after getting the car back with new steering rack.
4. car does not feel stable / less planted after rack replacement and alignment , car wonders left/right in general.
5. waiting on two front door panels to resolve rattle from audio.
6. still cant get any form resolution / paper trail about a dent on the fender after it was at the SC.trying since 5/31/18
7. screen has developed yellow borders as of last week.
8. waiting on drivers side mirror assembly to resolve loose glass vibration and constant whistle noise in wind.
9. waiting on new a pillar cover , old one no longer clips in correctly due to several removal/installs
10. rattle noise from front , replaced rack and right side air shock/strut. dented fender during this repair . still not fixed .... waiting for a fix.

would you rather keep the vehicle 5 or 10 years?

I can't believe you've let it go this far. Unfortunately some people only respond when they have to. You've put up with WAAAAY too much for an upcoming brand selling themselves as premium. Hire an attorney. Go after everything. It's the only way to get policies changed.

I can't believe you've let it go this far. Unfortunately some people only respond when they have to. You've put up with WAAAAY too much for an upcoming brand selling themselves as premium. Hire an attorney. Go after everything. It's the only way to get policies changed.
I agree, the sad part is by no fault on my part i still stand to lose 8-10k if it gets bought back and a new order placed. From others i have talked to , Tesla does not appear to make people "whole" on these poor situations. Its been a terrible experience so far. Being nice and giving them time has not really helped anything , the overall feeling is fake and they just want me to go away.

I agree, the sad part is by no fault on my part i still stand to lose 8-10k if it gets bought back and a new order placed. From others i have talked to , Tesla does not appear to make people "whole" on these poor situations. Its been a terrible experience so far. Being nice and giving them time has not really helped anything , the overall feeling is fake and they just want me to go away.
Lemon law is typically valued at the date of the first incident. It might be pretty close to whole.

Lemon laws will make you whole as far as the car goes. You will never get back the time or lost wages in order to deal with this. Those thousands are long gone.

What do you mean by new order placed? Buy or lease something else in the short term, watch the QC and service center issues from afar for 3 years and dive back in when these problems are getting squared away.

UPDATE...

Spoke with the regional manager , explained it all from day 1 to current, car is being picked up today and a loaner given. He did lots of listening , not too much spoken from his part besides a apology and he said he wants to make me happy. See how it goes.

He is flying a tech from California to go over the car , I told him I prefer to initiate a buyback and be made whole and start with another model s. Done with repairs as they fix 1 thing , break 2 , and many issues have dragged on unresolved since purchase. It’s been 5 service visits, 23 pages of work , 10+ outstanding issues still.

I’ll attach a pic just to show the attention to detail when making my car!.

Attachments

• 9ED16A79-9FB7-4919-8560-13B0EF182FCA.jpeg
    9ED16A79-9FB7-4919-8560-13B0EF182FCA.jpeg
    415.7 KB · Views: 106
Reactions: Pentium2004
UPDATE...

Spoke with the regional manager , explained it all from day 1 to current, car is being picked up today and a loaner given. He did lots of listening , not too much spoken from his part besides a apology and he said he wants to make me happy. See how it goes.

He is flying a tech from California to go over the car , I told him I prefer to initiate a buyback and be made whole and start with another model s. Done with repairs as they fix 1 thing , break 2 , and many issues have dragged on unresolved since purchase. It’s been 5 service visits, 23 pages of work , 10+ outstanding issues still.

I’ll attach a pic just to show the attention to detail when making my car!.
No worries, the guy who did that is now working in a tent ;)

• Funny
Reactions: croman
Update...

Car picked up . Loaner received. Will stop posting to protect my interests for a bit as i learned from the SC mgr Nick they have been watching this thread. Did not seem happy about it.

HI NICK ! it should of never got this far.

Going to give this one last go around to resolve 100%.

• Funny
Tesla shouldn't be happy about a thread like this. This smells like "Sorry I got caught" more than "Sorry for what I did" :(
Apparently i was in the wrong for posting a document from my last pickup"sarcasm" , its a " tesla internal document" that i should not of taken a photo of.

I had to have a 10 minute pissing match by telephone with nick today to be allowed to photograph a copy of MY cars checkin paperwork which i had to fold to cover up some tesla "internal" bs....Get this i am supposed to just let them take the car , receive no paperwork or be allowed to take a copy of the inspection paperwork to show the cars condition when taken. What the hell kind of operation does this? Any and i mean ANY car transport involves a signed off checklist of pre-existing damage with a copy retained by the transporter and the owner. According to Tesla i am NOT entitled to this and just have to trust them...... I had my hand slapped for posting the last one here. Get real. I have attached the old one and the new one from today.

Again , more frustration to a already shitty situation. Nick if you read this, learn how to treat a customer. I am not your employee. i do not need to explain and justify why i need to have a copy of MY vehicles checkin paperwork before you haul it away. You really pushed it today wasted more time of mine for your corporate ego.

Attachments

• 2018-05-03 14.02.12_Page_5.jpg
    2018-05-03 14.02.12_Page_5.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 2018-07-19 18.51.49.jpg
    2018-07-19 18.51.49.jpg
    383.1 KB · Views: 81
Apparently i was in the wrong for posting a document from my last pickup"sarcasm" , its a " tesla internal document" that i should not of taken a photo of.

I had to have a 10 minute pissing match by telephone with nick today to be allowed to photograph a copy of MY cars checkin paperwork which i had to fold to cover up some tesla "internal" bs....Get this i am supposed to just let them take the car , receive no paperwork or be allowed to take a copy of the inspection paperwork to show the cars condition when taken. What the hell kind of operation does this? Any and i mean ANY car transport involves a signed off checklist of pre-existing damage with a copy retained by the transporter and the owner. According to Tesla i am NOT entitled to this and just have to trust them...... I had my hand slapped for posting the last one here. Get real. I have attached the old one and the new one from today.

Again , more frustration to a already shitty situation. Nick if you read this, learn how to treat a customer. I am not your employee. i do not need to explain and justify why i need to have a copy of MY vehicles checkin paperwork before you haul it away. You really pushed it today wasted more time of mine for your corporate ego.

Way to go!

As much as I like Elon Musk for his vision and the Model S for its advanced technologies, I can't help but to become tiring of the way Tesla conducting their customer services or the lack thereof.

Yes, they are the only game right now but just wait until 2019 or 2020 then...

Way to go!

As much as I like Elon Musk for his vision and the Model S for its advanced technologies, I can't help but to become tiring of the way Tesla conducting their customer services or the lack thereof.

Yes, they are the only game right now but just wait until 2019 or 2020 then...

Then what? I keep reading the "wait for the competition" line and have been reading it for years now...

I have no opinion either way on this entire thread but I will say we're only hearing one side of it. For some of you that may be sufficient which is fine but there seems to be a lack of perspective on this...

I'm not going to sit here and say Tesla will do X, Y, or Z because I don't know and neither do any of you. What I do know, or at least feel exceptionally confident about, is Tesla has a service problem. This problem ranges from a complete and total lack of service center capacity without really much expansion (if any) over the last year or two, all the way to inconsiderate service staff and everything in between. You have a system that's horribly overstretched combined with stressed out and overworked employees who have to answer to Elon's occasional false statements (such as the everyone gets a P100D loaner fiasco). Poor customer experiences are bound to happen.

Okay so where does that leave my post? I said all of that to say that while I see serious systemic flaws in Tesla, I'll lease another one when my current lease runs out later this year...

Jeff

Soo, how did this saga turn out @crunchtime2k?

I see in your signature that the car was returned and you now have a new X?

How did that end up going down?

How's the X doing?

Not sure where you see that , i have not returned the car nor drive an X. Its really odd you posted today when i was having the final fixes done to the car. Long story short , upper management got involved and all the issues were taken care of and the car is pretty damn good. it did take some time but in the end its solid and they made it right.

Not sure where you see that , i have not returned the car nor drive an X. Its really odd you posted today when i was having the final fixes done to the car. Long story short , upper management got involved and all the issues were taken care of and the car is pretty damn good. it did take some time but in the end its solid and they made it right.

Oops, read someone elses signature inadvertently that returned an S and got an X. Funny timing though. Hell of a hassle you went through, glad to hear you got your issues worked out finally.

This car is why "lemon" laws were created. You have given them ample opportunity to repair it. Tesla needs to give you a new car or a refund.
My dad was a Lincoln/Mercury dealer for many years, and sometimes ,a manufacturer delivers a "bad" car, even Lincolns. It happens with all manufacturers.
I will say that Tesla's stonewalling you about repairs made before the car was delivered to you is not customer oriented. A subpoena for the records will make the Tesla none disclosure policy vanish.