Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The saga of $100 [resolved]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jpkl

Aug 30, 2021
US
I was among those switched to an inventory LFP M3 in August. I took the delivery in early September. The day before the delivery, I called to ask about my $100 deposit on the canceled order and was told to bring a check $100 less of the listing price. Delivery went smoothly. They took my check and trade in and gave me the car.

Fast forward one month later, I still haven't got my registration. Called Tesla this afternoon. Was told I am $100 short on the payment and that's holding up the registration. Took me a while to find out what happened: Tesla refunded the $100 deposit to my credit card two weeks after the delivery without any communication with me.

At first they wanted me to deliver a $100 certified check to the delivery center, 100 miles away. I said no way. I guess they also realized this is rideculous. Now I am waiting for the service center to call back and hopefully come up with a reasonable solution.