Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The shudder problem: Current status (end of February 2020)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has there been any indication as to when a fix might be coming for Raven owners?

I’m noticing it getting progressively worse on mine to where it’s detracting from enjoying the car.

At the very least, they should be replacing the worn out parts to return our vehicles to the condition we bought them until they have a permanent fix.

Anyone?

I have a MX LR Raven and the SC refused to fix the issue. The rattling and shudder is so bad now that its hard to drive the car. Pulling a trailer is straight impossible at any speed and suspension height.

I regret this purchase SO much. I hate the car and the fact that I cant use it even to go and shop in the store.

The service has been horrible in every way possible and the fact that they refuse to repair my car that is under warranty is beyond my belief.

I live in Sweden and my company owns the car. Worst car ever by FAR

Cant I Edit my posts? I forgot to write that I have canceled my Cybertruck and Im selling my Model 3 and I will never ever buy a Tesla again. I Will tell everyone that asks for my opinion the true story that the car sucks and that the warranty sucks even more and that I absolutly NOT will be recomending the car to anyone.

If SC only has replaced the failed parts and given me information to drive very carefully Until a permanent fix is avalible, then I would have been happy. But this???! Its a complete joke!!

Yes but they refuse to repair the car if its a Raven

BECAUSE THEY DON‘T HAVE A SOLUTION YET.

That does not make the service horrible. If they „fix“ it, (which is not a fix) the problem simply returns. And *that* you would perceive as bad service. It‘s not that they don‘t want to help you. They honestly can‘t at the moment. I‘m in the same boat as you. Many are.

We are all waiting for the „raven“ fix. Just be patient.
And just because the MX has an issue, there is no reason the sell the M3. You are waaay to emotional about this. Relax.

Concerning editing posts. There is an „edit“ button beneath the post during 10 minutes. After that, editing is no longer possible.

BECAUSE THEY DON‘T HAVE A SOLUTION YET.

That does not make the service horrible. If they „fix“ it, (which is not a fix) the problem simply returns. And that you would perceive as bad service. It‘s not that don‘t want to help you. They honestly can‘t at the moment. I‘m in the same boat as you. Many are.

We are all waiting for the „raven“ fix. Just be patient.
And just because the MX has an issue, there is no reason the sell the M3. You are waaay to emotional about this. Relax.

The car worked just fine in about 10 000 kilometers. As I wrote, if the replaced the parts so that I could drive the car another 10 000 kilometers that would be enough for me.
Dont try to tell me how I would react of they did this, you have NO clue what so ever.

The service is 100% horrible and the car 100% sucks because I can not drive it and the will not give me a loaner until they provide a solution.

The car has been unuasble for the last couple of months and it just sits on my drive way looking like an abandonded vehicle on the side of the road.

My SC also said it‘s not normal. But contrary to pre-Ravens, there is no solution yet. The problem comes back in record time.
I just drive in „low“ to minimize the shudder (I have no shudder in Low, only in „Standard“) and live with it for the time being. Getting all emotional about it does not help me in any way.

My SC also said it‘s not normal. But contrary to pre-Ravens, there is no solution yet. The problem comes back in record time.
I just drive in „low“ to minimize the shudder (I have no shudder in Low, only in „Standard“) and live with it for the time being. Getting all emotional about it does not help me in any way.

Well guess what?? Just because you dont have the problem it doesent mean that anyone else cant have it.

Its not bullshit, its the car that rattles and grinds so severe that I cant use it!! No One can justify this even if there is a Tesla logo stanced in your forehead.

The car has rattled a little since new, but after 10 000km it just one day out of nowhere started to shudder like crazy and it doesent matter if I drive it in low or very low. It doesent matter if the drive train is hot or cold.

Tesla has not said a beep since it was towed to SC (yes, it has to be towed, the car rattles to much to be driven by itself). Then I towed it back home and I havent used it since then.

This would never happen in a German car. I am extremely unhappy with the quality of the car.

My MX, build date 09/19/19, has had this issue since day one. Now with 12k miles, I think it is a bit worse or perhaps it is just aggravating me more. I quickly realized that going to low or very low minimized the shudder, so I have to think it is related to the driveshaft(s) angle. I have never taken the car in to a SC so no feedback from them, and perhaps I should so I at least have a documented recognition of the problem. I do a bit of long distance driving so at times I do wish for the ability to use more comfortable suspension settings.

Reading the postings I will give it a bit more time so that a proper solution can be developed, however it is a bit annoying on a new $100k car.

Reactions: pgrennan
Just to support folks here, I also have a shudder on my Raven, but in no way it makes car unmovable. It doesn't impact safety/acceleration, just an annoying sound - if it would, SC will have to repair it. I'd say that Sporthat@ is telling us bullshit.

I just try not to accelerate hard on normal height, but if I do and I hear rattle - no big deal for me. All of that being said, I totally want the issue to be fixed and will push Tesla to fix it (especially if they won't have a fix in reasonable time).

Reactions: gavine
Yeah. That's guys story seems bs. If it's really not driveable I'm SURE SC would fix it.

Even when I had my shudders, plural, on my pre-raven, it was never THAT bad. Just annoying. But fixed both times.

Porsche makes nice cars. They don't drive themselves or have auto open/close doors, or falcon wings, or phenomenal touch screens, or the huge windshields, but hey enjoy!

Oh now it had to be towed huh? Just before you said „it just sits on my drive way looking like an abandonded vehicle on the side of the road„

Dude, just get out of here with your fantastic story. No one will ever believe you when you say that a vehicle, that shakes so bad it cannot driven, is refused by Tesla to be repaired. It get‘s worse and more unbelievable in each post you write.
And it‘s a company car too. Like your company would ever allow things to escalate that far.

Stop making yourself ridiculous and sod off. Go to some other car forum and tell them your car leaks oil so bad, the car had to shipped in a biohazard container to avoid polluting the environment and that you got into a fight with Greta Thunberg over it, with her screaming and crying „how dare you“...

1222D941-22BB-4D94-A422-FDCC227590A5.jpeg

Why the **** do you act like this? Its my own company that owns the car and I cant use the car. All I do is telling the truth and you act like an idiot? What the hell is wrong with you???!