Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The shudder problem: Current status (end of February 2020)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do any Raven owners have any longer-term updates for us?

Did the new half-shafts fix the problem or did it return?

I received an email yesterday advising that parts had not arrived, so no fix to our 2019 MS Performance (Raven)--not the End of The World, but frustrating that durability testing isn't a priority at Tesla, or so it seems . . . .

• Informative
Reactions: johnking
I have asked for my Model X to be delayed but if you are experiencing this in a new 2021 Model X, I might as well cancel my order. I am sorry you are dealing with it in a new car. I hope Tesla issues a service bulletin that can resolve this.
Being that I'm on my second X in nearly 5 years and the problem still exists with no permanent fix, I wouldn't hold my breath. At least, I'm not holding mine.

FWIW, the suspension on the Model X has a far greater range of settings (and travel) so the "fix" may be working on the MS's?

Do any Raven MS Performance folks have any inputs on this?

Our Service Center doesn't have the parts (despite ordering ~2 weeks ago) and hasn't rescheduled the appointment either.

Frustrating . . . .

@TSLA Pilot out of curiosity what are the part names and numbers that the automated email displays. Does it say 2nd generation?

Oh, and the part numbers were what I had supplied to my Service Center, as copied from here a page or three back. I have no idea if those are the most recent part numbers, but I'd guess they are?

Everything involving Tesla Service seems like it's a black hole, except for some of the TSB's that slip out. As soon as someone knows of one for the Raven MS's, do please post it!