Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The signature gift (spoiler alert)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've never had any other car company send gifts before OR after purchase of a vehicle. Ever.

BMW? Nope. Toyota? Nope. Porsche? Nope. Tesla? Yep. Yep. Yep. Yep.

I guess some of you have had a different experience.

Which of those companies asked you to throw down $40, 000 2-3 years before receiving the car?

Sent via Tapatalk.

Which of those companies asked you to throw down $40, 000 2-3 years before receiving the car?

Sent via Tapatalk.

I paid a very large deposit for a BMW 7 months before I received it (special order). And that bill was more than $40k. No gifts from them! I'm not complaining, I loved that car.

Awesome!

I remember the days when merely being a reservation holder meant little surprise and delight gifts from Tesla. Oh well. I still have my hat, shirt, travel mug, coffee cup and remote controlled Roadster. And the car. I have the car!

And don't forget the nice keychain! Of course, it can't be used with the FOB. At least not without some modification.

I've never had any other car company send gifts before OR after purchase of a vehicle. Ever.

Well, when I purchased my Lexus LS600hL Launch Edition car in 2007 (there were only 100 of those), I got a very nice set of Niemen Marcus leather travel luggage, a nice Lexus monogramed jacket (that I still use today) and other tid bit like a travel mug, leather bound manuals, etc. I know that there are 1000+ signature cars, but we did pay a significant premium and I would have expected something a bit nicer than a "made in China" nylon bag. Maybe Tesla will surprise us with multiple gifts? I guess we will have to wait and see.

Awesome!

I remember the days when merely being a reservation holder meant little surprise and delight gifts from Tesla. Oh well. I still have my hat, shirt, travel mug, coffee cup and remote controlled Roadster. And the car. I have the car!
Not if you reserved in Australia! I have received absolutely nothing. I reserved in April 2011. Shortly thereafter I was asked to upgrade to sig which I did. We don't even get earlier delivery- we MAY see our right hand drive cars " late 2013" but I am guessing early 2014 and the Brits will see theirs first. So, our wait is as long as the USA or even longer, and there will probably be a second price increase that we won't be exempt from in the meantime... On the bright side, it seems that the world did not end last night...!

With the 2001 Prius I got a manual a few months before the car came and a pretty good key chain that still works, and something else but I've forgotten what that was. Nothing for the 2004 other than the early delivery and no "marketing adjustment" due to the Pioneer Program. (Because the "marketing adjustment" was $5000 in my area, I guess I could look at it that I saved $5000, except that I would never have paid that.)

I paid a very large deposit for a BMW 7 months before I received it (special order). And that bill was more than $40k. No gifts from them! I'm not complaining, I loved that car.

M5 included a free performance driving program in South Carolina. It was awesome and also included a free polo shirt.

BMW has also sent a few "prints" of the preliminary sketches of the last generation 3-series in a nice box. This was a few months after delivery.

*sigh*

It's a very nice gym bag, and it fits perfectly in the well under the floor of the rear cargo bay of the awesome car all we Sig owners now have. No complaints here.

Well, I'd like to have had the iPhone app yesterday, but other than that...

I waited 3 years and I did not get a gym bag, but I got my car and I love driving it. More importantly, My kids and I had a great "waiting" experience where we visited the factory, the test rides and drives, the new stores and met great fellow Tesla enthusiasts. So I don't need no stinking gym bag - I am content with the fantastic acquaintances, experiences and memories.

Folks, don't sweat the small stuff :)

I waited 3 years and I did not get a gym bag, but I got my car and I love driving it. More importantly, My kids and I had a great "waiting" experience where we visited the factory, the test rides and drives, the new stores and met great fellow Tesla enthusiasts. So I don't need no stinking gym bag - I am content with the fantastic acquaintances, experiences and memories.

Folks, don't sweat the small stuff :)

lucky you. At least you got the car... Waiting for 3,75 year, no bag and no car yet... still waiting.