Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Southern Supercharger "Arc of Doom"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Similar to heading East from St. Louis to ATL, I will be heading over to Philly thru Atlanta via Houston this coming week.

About 5 Superchargers on I-20 headed EAST toward Atlanta (most "near future" direct route) would probably save me about 7 hours or travel time and a whole lot of miles.
But I will have Superchargers to use, except @ Greenville.
Maybe I can make it from ATL to Charlotte without a bit of supplemental charge @ Greenville....

If at WV VA border on I-77, take Rte 460 to Blacksburg, VA, where you will find Chademo municipal charging.
Talk about a progressive little town!

dc-charge-station.jpg

It only adds 50 miles to the OH to Myrtle Beach trip, and next you have Charlotte supercharger, then
another Chademo in Myrtle at the very Tesla friendly Grand Strand Nissan.

Last edited:
The arc of doom has lost land to the Greenville, SC Supercharger and Asheville, NC is at least about 50% done. It's shrinking thank heavens!

Yes! Now it is two smaller "blobs of inconvenience"

Upper Blob to be fixed by Wytheville, VA and other I-81 SCs
Lower Blob to be fixed by Augusta, GA and Statesboro, GA

Clearly Greenville, SC and Asheville, NC are huge positive steps here.

6 months since the initial post and now Greenville, South Carolina / Asheville, NC / Lexington, VA are all live as of yesterday. The Arc of Doom is NO more! (although Wytheville, VA completion, and Augusta, GA, Johnson City/Bristol TN and Beckley, VA would be Awesome)