Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Stealth Hitch is now complied in Australia thanks to TOCA!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Word on the street is that they are about 5 weeks away from doing so. You're right, the one they're going to be supplying here is the "MODEL 3 EU HITCH" - I've seen the label, complete with Australia-specific caveat "For trailer towing only".
Do you think by end of august, you will be able to order a model 3, with a towbar factory fitted?

When I ordered mine over 2 years ago they mentioned that the AU availability for tow bar was a few months out and they would let me know when it came available and that it could be fitted after the delivery. Now I have had my Model 3 for almost 2 years and I have been calling them up 2-3 times a year to ask how the tow bar is coming, ad so far the answer has always been, not available yet in Australia.
So will be interesting to see if that word on the street is any wiser.

Reactions: corndog and Leeroy
Out of interest, who are you asking at Tesla? Ive sent a couple of emails recently about the towbar and stereo upgrades over the last month and never got any responses except for invitations to survey their customer service!

Out of interest, who are you asking at Tesla? Ive sent a couple of emails recently about the towbar and stereo upgrades over the last month and never got any responses except for invitations to survey their customer service!
I picked up my car from Brisbane service center, so I have been calling them directly, however now there is a Gold Coast service center, so might have to try make friends with them.
The Brisbane one has always been very friendly and helpful, so far my experience with the Gold Coast one has been less than pleasant. I have contacted them twice and both times they brushed me off instead of trying to help me. (first time I enquired about the paint repair kits and they said just get a list of tesla approved workshops from website and get a quote for paint things, I ended up ordering paint kit from USA. Second time I called when I got the email from Tesla that my car will need a EV sticker from later this year as legislation changes require one and I asked if they would have any available I could purchase through them, the guy said they dont deal with stickers and I need to find my own EV stickers.)

Reactions: Leeroy
How would it void the warranty? Plenty of other cars end up with non-factory tow bars.
Thanks for the quick response. The wording in the AU owner’s manual is vague, it says “Using Model 3 for towing before Tesla-approved towing components and accessories are available may void the warranty”. However, that’s under a section titled Towing a Trailer, which is a lot different to using it for things like bike racks.

Keen to know if there is any other information that clarifies it.