Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Stealth Hitch is now complied in Australia thanks to TOCA!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks mate. I've found a way to make do with the one I've already cut so can leave it for a more needy recipient.
On the plus side, I've also cut the factory ECU tail which had a euro 13-pin connector and wired in the more common flat 7 pin connector used in NSW so I don't have to stuff around with adaptor pieces.
The tow bar does get a bit of attention. I had a bloke in a nearby car ask where I got it from while travelling at low speed in a traffic jam the other day!

So, you can do one of three things:

a. Buy the one with the hatch.
b. Buy a used one (I'm giving mine away free) and make your own cutout and hatch then when you car comes, use the modified one.
c. Wait until your car comes and remove your fascia diffuser and modify that

Sorry if I've missed it browsing through the thread, but has anyone made their own little hatch/cover who'd be willing to share some instructions/pics please? I'm getting the Stealth hitch installed later this month, and considering whether I'm willing to pay $250 for the official diffuser with hatch.

The alternative seems to be saving the bit cut out by the installers, and maybe adding some tabs to make it into a cover. Would just like to see whether others have done it and gotten a good result....

OK, so I had grand visions of making little locator tabs all around to make it slot in perfectly and securely, but the flap has ribbing preventing lateral flex, so it wasn't as easy as I thought. I cleaned up the edges with the dremel, but didn't want to take too much meat off.

Anyway, looking at the contact points on the car, I found that the hitch receiver itself is the main central one, so I decided to go with the traditional touge solution for bumper plastic - a cable tie! It runs through the receiver and then through slots in the flap). Holds nicely in the centre, but the ends still need some tabs because it's quite flexy lengthways. Have ordered some JB weld to add some.

Unlike @Munter above I actually find myself wishing for a smaller flap, since I have the hitch version that doesn't need a spanner. Oh and I have a 'standard' flat plug for lights, but of course it turns out my bike rack has the round plug (couldn't recall at the time because I hadn't been able to use it for so long). Oh well, all solvable issues. Just happy to be able to cart the bikes around again really.

Took some photos but seems I'd need an external host, which I don't have. Happy to send pics if anyone's interested though.

Reactions: johnchidgey

Took some photos but seems I'd need an external host, which I don't have. Happy to send pics if anyone's interested though.
Wouldn't this work?

Screen Shot 2022-12-05 at 2.28.48 pm.png