Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The success of FSD and my increase for trust in Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I paid 10 grand and now my already great Model Y now drives itself through my town. It slows down for speed bumps, handles four ways on its own, swerves around bikers and parked cars who's doors are open. It handles the 5 and the 405 quite well too!

Obviously it's not perfect and can do the wrong thing at the wrong time and has a price tag you don't like. But dude the car is literally driving itself. Do you own another car that can do that? Does your $80,000 Bronco do it? Your $90,000 lightning that hasn't even been delivered yet? Maybe your R1T will have lane keep assist when it's delivered to you in 2023 lol.

Haters are going to hate Tesla until they're blue in the face, but no matter what haters say Tesla actually delivered here on FSD and my Model Y is the only SUV (apart from the X 😉) that will drive and park itself. My trust in Tesla has only gone up because it's clear they're perhaps the only company in the world bold enough to build FSD and actually give it to real customers. Ford Blue Cruise works on like 1 highway... FSD works on back alley streets in the Hollywood hills.

0x0-ModelY_01.jpg

(Image - Courtesy of Tesla, Inc.)

Last edited by a moderator:
It all sounds wonderful great good luck to you! I paid 10k also. I have a 2022 Y performance model also been sitting on a 100% driven everyday on my score for going on 2 months the entire time about 2500 plus miles driven. I was beginning to believe they aren't giving any new software fsd beta seats out. I'm wrong I guess. Is there something I'm doing wrong please advise!! Thx Tim

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220402-022459.png
    Screenshot_20220402-022459.png
    242.7 KB · Views: 70
How many more years until FSD will be 100% glitch free and operational? The way i look at it… once that happens … the model Y will probably get a face lift and at that point I can trade in the 2022 I just ordered and purchase the new body with FSD. Just not worth it to me to pay $12,000 right now for something that isn’t up to the level it should be.

How many more years until FSD will be 100% glitch free and operational? The way i look at it… once that happens … the model Y will probably get a face lift and at that point I can trade in the 2022 I just ordered and purchase the new body with FSD. Just not worth it to me to pay $12,000 right now for something that isn’t up to the level it should be.
Unless you’re going to keep your car for 6 years or more, subscription is the way to go. Especially since it doesn’t transfer. Personally, I’m going to trade in every 5-6 years because the hardware is going to age/advance quickly. These aren’t 20 year cars...

Reactions: Wyeme
I paid 10 grand and now my already great Model Y now drives itself through my town. It slows down for speed bumps, handles four ways on its own, swerves around bikers and parked cars who's doors are open. It handles the 5 and the 405 quite well too!

Obviously it's not perfect and can do the wrong thing at the wrong time and has a price tag you don't like. But dude the car is literally driving itself. Do you own another car that can do that? Does your $80,000 Bronco do it? Your $90,000 lightning that hasn't even been delivered yet? Maybe your R1T will have lane keep assist when it's delivered to you in 2023 lol.

Haters are going to hate Tesla until they're blue in the face, but no matter what haters say Tesla actually delivered here on FSD and my Model Y is the only SUV (apart from the X 😉) that will drive and park itself. My trust in Tesla has only gone up because it's clear they're perhaps the only company in the world bold enough to build FSD and actually give it to real customers. Ford Blue Cruise works on like 1 highway... FSD works on back alley streets in the Hollywood hills.

View attachment 788903

Personally I agree 100%. It is raving madness to hate on Tesla. Stating so is not the same as claiming Tesla is perfect: rather, their beta product is REALLY AWESOME.

I am sooo eternally thankful I have been able to enjoy FSD beta in our Y (and I hope soon in my X).

Reactions: Raurele and PACEMD
What I find it is I have a love/hate relationship with the car far greater than any other car including a 2015 Model S.

Part of this is the sheer potential it has, and how nice it can be when things work well. Like Auto Lane change is an example of a feature that works really well most of the time, and even when its raining it tries really hard to keep going while the image in the side camera is bouncing around due to water droplets.

You can tell Tesla drivers expect certain functionality to just work in a Tesla by looking at the percentage of Tesla 3/Y's on the road who aren't using their lights in the rain during the day. Around where I live its nearly 100%.

This is a high number of people who are trusting a machine to work with no idea that it's not actually working. It used to work, but then Tesla removed the functionality that was tied to the wipers for some unknown reason.

Much of this same expectation of working is with a lot of features, and when it doesn't work it can be frustrating for two reasons. the first reason is the potential, and the 2nd reason is there is no one to address the issue. There is no support email or any kind of bug tracking.

A lot of times its over the dumbest thing possible like the auto-lights being disconnected from the wiper control or a maps issue that would be quick to fix.

The supply chain constraints and the resulting lack of competition also means there isn't a lot of other options.

I'm switching to Rivian for a variety of reasons, but that switch won't happen anytime soon.
Driving TMY while waiting delivery of my R1T. Rivian will have a long way to go to be where Tesla is now re: software/autopilot and charging network but that will just have to be it - growing pains. I prefer R1T for what i can do and where i can take it (the adventures i can do) compared to the TMY. They’re both nice.

FSD is the main reason I chose Tesla over other brands. I got it with $10K, but I don't know why I cannot even get my safety score after I enrolled in the beta program. Therefore, I have only tried Autopilot and NoA.

I need to say I was so surprised to find that they are that scary. Autopilot and NoA on normal highways are supposed to be mature. I was more nervous when I turned them on than driving by myself. Although I have never encountered an accident, there are many times I was very close to other vehicles, the car slowed down for unknown reasons or swayed. Moreover, there were too many warnings, which are very confusing. For example, before changing the lanes, I was frequently asked to put my hand on the yoke. My hand was always on the yoke! Sometimes small turns on the yoke didn't let the warning go away, but I cannot do a big turn either. The detection mechanism is bad.

If I have a choice to get a refund and need to pay the extra $2K or whatever amount when I want to get FSD back in the future, I will do it without hesitation.
If you haven’t accepted it yet, that’s just how you can/will drive with autopilot or FSD… BE PREPARED to take over. I am not even thinking FSD beta as i know my score is probably at the lowest possible. 🤷‍♂️ I want to be able to drive it the way i like, score or no score.

View attachment 788903

Nice to know. Sounds impressive. This is when drivers need to focus and pay more attention. Personally, i know i will be letting my guard down if i had the FSD. Dangerous for me to have it 😁. Autopilot is good enough.

I paid $7K for the FSD nearly 3 years ago and still waiting for this *sugar*, also joined the beta program but I live in an area where I get cut of 25 times a day during my daily commute where the car alerts me of late braking and such which is total horse *sugar*, than the stupid score goes down.
So, here is how I see it, I paid for this *sugar* and cant get it due to demographics of the area/driving madness i live in, but, people who haven't paid and live in rural areas can keep their 100% score and can get it.
I think its criminal and **** tesla for that reason, I will sell the retarded hunka junk 2020 M3 long range as soon as I finish paying for it, and, tesla can than go **** itself, I will but an ev that has dealers all over where I live and **** FSD. it wont work around where I live anyways.
For those blindly defending tesla, I have news for you, there will be about a dozen chinese ev's coming to the market in the next few years, lets see the how things will compare than, especially with the big automakers also going in to the game.
And if you believe tesla is a technology company first, so what, I bought a tesla car that came with their technology, they should make it right, the frikken thing is falling apart.
Just my 2 cents,

I paid $7K for the FSD nearly 3 years ago and still waiting for this *sugar*, also joined the beta program but I live in an area where I get cut of 25 times a day during my daily commute where the car alerts me of late braking and such which is total horse *sugar*, than the stupid score goes down.
So, here is how I see it, I paid for this *sugar* and cant get it due to demographics of the area/driving madness i live in, but, people who haven't paid and live in rural areas can keep their 100% score and can get it.
I think its criminal and **** tesla for that reason, I will sell the retarded hunka junk 2020 M3 long range as soon as I finish paying for it, and, tesla can than go **** itself, I will but an ev that has dealers all over where I live and **** FSD. it wont work around where I live anyways.
For those blindly defending tesla, I have news for you, there will be about a dozen chinese ev's coming to the market in the next few years, lets see the how things will compare than, especially with the big automakers also going in to the game.
And if you believe tesla is a technology company first, so what, I bought a tesla car that came with their technology, they should make it right, the frikken thing is falling apart.
Just my 2 cents,
<expletive-filled rant>
“Just my 2¢“

I’m getting a real mixed-message vibe from this post

Driving TMY while waiting delivery of my R1T. Rivian will have a long way to go to be where Tesla is now re: software/autopilot and charging network but that will just have to be it - growing pains. I prefer R1T for what i can do and where i can take it (the adventures i can do) compared to the TMY. They’re both nice.
When it comes to maintenence and parts, you’re screwed with rivian. You think it’s hard to get things fixed for a Tesla? Rivian doesn’t make enough cars to have the spare parts. They will never have a factory that builds even 1/8th what Tesla makes. It’s a gimmick.

Reactions: Wyeme
Just my 2 cents,
Learn to drive? I live in the Bay Area. Crazy traffic, constantly being cut off. People running lights. 99 score over 4300 miles. Stop making excuses. I drive like a maniac myself. Figure it out.

Just my 2 cents,
All sounds like more of a You problem. Especially your car description. Learn to drive better, 10’s of thousands of others figured it out but you must be Special.

Doesn't sound very smart.

Once you start selling outside the Tesla fan club this becomes a big issue. People who are not familiar with tech companies and agile software development practices have no idea what they are even signing up for with FSD. IMO, Tesla should break up the offer and put FSD by itself since it will be a continual work in progress/perpetual beta. If they want to create a package and monetize Summon, AutoPark and NoA then go ahead but FSD for city streets should be free just like all beta versions of software products.