TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

The Taxi, The 5 Door, The CUV?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by electracity, May 14, 2016.

?

Which do You Prefer?

1. The Taxi

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. The Five Door

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  3. The CUV

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. electracity

electracity Active Member

The Taxi - The model 3 with or without the glass roof. The car designed to fulfill Musk's price promise and not lose too much money at $35K.

The 5 Door - The obvious choice for the released M3 design that may need a bit more battery than The Taxi. Starts at $38K. Less rear headroom than The Taxi

The CUV - Raise the roof more with about the same CD as The Taxi. Maybe starts at $40K. Almost the rear headroom of The Taxi plus a rear vertical door

2. Chewy3

Chewy3 If MacGvyer had a beard

5 door option makes no mention of a hatch...?

3. yesup

yesup Member

I don't understand the purpose of this poll.

First, why did you label the Model 3 as the "Taxi"? In real world, Model S is the one which is currently being used as a taxi (e.g. Amsterdam)

And the compact CUV will be released anyways as Model Y. So are you asking readers to choose between Model 3 and Model Y.

And what's the point of asking reader to choose "5 door" option when there isn't going to be one in the near future. And your poll stated "obvious choice".... of what?

• Like x 4
  4. electracity

electracity Active Member

I'm considering the 5 door and a hatchback the same. Essentially taking the existing roof line and adding a rear hatch like the model S.