Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The tent is back up! Local Dec. deliveries starting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a shameless crosspost from Reddit, but yesterday someone posted this picture of the Fremont factory parking lot with the big showroom tent back up. If the comments there are to be believed, they only do this when there are going to be a lot of factory pickups as the delivery showroom there is relatively small but the parking is also limited.

Speculate away! I am trying not to get too excited by this.

The tent is back out. Time again for domestic deliveries. • /r/teslamotors

IMG_1127.JPG

If the comments there are to be believed, they only do this when there are going to be a lot of factory pickups as the delivery showroom there is relatively small but the parking is also limited.
Or maybe they do that when the outside air temps are "cold" (by SF Bay Area standards that would be below 55 degrees) for the comfort of their customers.

At Fremont cars are regularly delivered to customers outside in the parking lot near the Showroom/Store/Delivery Center (the same location shown in your photo) and often under a tent with no sidewalks.

Or maybe they do that when the outside air temps are "cold" (by SF Bay Area standards that would be below 55 degrees) for the comfort of their customers.

At Fremont cars are regularly delivered to customers outside in the parking lot near the Showroom/Store/Delivery Center (the same location shown in your photo) and often under a tent with no sidewalks.
And to keep the cars and customers dry during our wet (fingers crossed) season?

Fremont delivery had the white tents out for end of Q3 deliveries. I picked up my X in late Sept. Then it was taken down. It is back up now (and a new second one behind it). I stopped by yesterday. I see a lot of cars with AP 2.0 hardware. Lucky owners!

• Informative
Reactions: techmaven
Fremont delivery had the white tents out for end of Q3 deliveries. I picked up my X in late Sept. Then it was taken down. It is back up now (and a new second one behind it). I stopped by yesterday. I see a lot of cars with AP 2.0 hardware. Lucky owners!
Will you stop by in the next few weeks? It would be great to get an update with some pictures!