Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Tesla app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Wol747

Aug 26, 2017
Tea Gardens
I've recently bought a smartphone and installed the app.
It constantly shows three Tesla "T" icons along the top: they appear to have no function nor link to anything. Are they perhaps just for show?
EDITED! They have now been replaced by one "T" - and the Tesla app shortcut on the home screen has a "3" against it....

It constantly shows three Tesla "T" icons along the top: they appear to have no function nor link to anything. Are they perhaps just for show?
EDITED! They have now been replaced by one "T" - and the Tesla app shortcut on the home screen has a "3" against it....
Notifications from the app. They can be things like "The front driver's side door has been left open", or "Supercharging has finished, move your car now to avoid idle fees".

Android or iOS?

The Android app always has a silent notification that gives you quick access to the app and let's you know it's active so the phone key will work. It was annoying to me at first too, but I just got used to it. You'll notice that any new notification that comes in always appears above the Tesla notification. You'll also see that notification change status such as disconnected, connected.

Just think of it as the quickest way to get to your Tesla app.

I found that annoying too so I changed it to silent and minimised:

- Long press the Tesla notification
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap 'Phone Key Status'
- Set it to 'Silent' and enable 'minimise'

After you do that you won't see the icon anymore but if you pull down the shade you can still expand the notification if needed.

I found that annoying too so I changed it to silent and minimised:

- Long press the Tesla notification
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap 'Phone Key Status'
- Set it to 'Silent' and enable 'minimise'

After you do that you won't see the icon anymore but if you pull down the shade you can still expand the notification if needed.
Thanks. Not quite the same as my Samsung but I got there in the end and the Ts disappeared!
What's the "shade" BTW?

By silencing the notifications, you also won't see the ones you probably would be interested in (eg. "Sentry Mode has triggered alarm state", or "Supercharging complete, move car now to avoid idle fees".).

By silencing the notifications, you also won't see the ones you probably would be interested in (eg. "Sentry Mode has triggered alarm state", or "Supercharging complete, move car now to avoid idle fees".).
Probably an advantage - I’m sick of nsw.gov.au telling me every few minutes that I’ve been cuddling some guy with the lurgy in Coles/Bunnings/Costco!

The steps only silenced the 'phone key status' notification, other notifications (alarm, charging etc.) still come through.

I can confirm I get all the charging/alarm notifications after doing the steps and I've had it setup like this since 2019.

/Edit, fixed typos

android v12 make these setting a bit more clear cut. I just have the phone keys status off and the rest on.
Settings>Notifications>App Settings>Tesla

1641802037117.png

• Helpful
Reactions: Hairyman