Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Tesla buying experience is not so bad when you watch this

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't watched it, but I have to say not having to go to a "real" dealership (and bathing in Lysol afterwards) is a huge plus for me. I've only done it a couple of times, one of which I should have walked out on and the other one was ok, but the wanted to charge me $500 for locking wheel nuts (seriously)

The fixed price model is a huge plus too. Even if you negotiate a good price at a dealership, you'll always question whether you could have done better

I haven't watched it, but I have to say not having to go to a "real" dealership (and bathing in Lysol afterwards) is a huge plus for me. I've only done it a couple of times, one of which I should have walked out on and the other one was ok, but the wanted to charge me $500 for locking wheel nuts (seriously)

The fixed price model is a huge plus too. Even if you negotiate a good price at a dealership, you'll always question whether you could have done better
They are following the Tesla blueprint but poorly executed. I hate dealerships

Want to charge extra $10,000 and you are glad no commission ?? Did you pay the extra 10k ??
only paid $100 for lug nuts - what a deal maker you are

thank you for taking time to make this video -- hard to believe, can't make this stuff up.

PS- way too nice to that finance guy.

(I would not believe anything this guy said.)

Last edited:
The dealer model is genuinely anti-consumer and predatory. I’ve always thought it odd that people don’t get more bothered that legislators work so hard to protect a monopoly that actively works to screw over its constituents on something so significant, as a vehicle is one of the latest purchases a person makes in their life.

This is relatable. Before I ordered a M3 I was in the market for a Mach E. Test drove the base model and dug it but when I sat down with the salesman he tacked on around $7,000 of "dealer add ons" and claimed that was how they made money. What a joke, I left remembering how much I dislike the dealership model. Model 3 on the way can't be happier.