Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Tesla (dash) Cam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm picking up the M3LR on Saturday. I've had a dash cam on all my cars for at least the past 10 years; wouldn't be without one. That said, one of the key features of my dash cams w was the speed camera warning. I presusme the Tesla cam doesn't have thta feature? How do I get it?

No speed camera warning on the dashcam and/or display navigation. I think youre best bet would be to just transfer your existing dash cam to the Tesla and continue to use it as you do today. Yes, it will be redundant but there are instances on this list where the Tesla cam either failed to record or skipped a few precious seconds. Don't get me wrong, Tesla's cam is AWESOME and I rely solely on it myself, but some like the extra security of a second cam and you could use your for something not there. The only other option would be to run Wyze or something like that on your mobile but unless you're streaming by bluetooth, I could see the warning getting lost over the normal music.

In short, there is not a fuse box but there are plenty of places to get 12V. Check out this thread: