Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Tesla Factory is now building your Model S....what are the process stages ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@doctorwho I think it depends on state regulations whether they can accept payment at delivery or payment prior to shipment.

I still have nothing (for weeks) on the Dashboard. My DS also told me he "...would try to find me a copy of the v.5.6 Owner's Manual". For the life of me I find this frustrating. It is a .pdf file for crying out loud! Additionally he told me the reason the Dashboard is mostly out of whack is because they just began "a new assembly tracking system". Maybe Tesla is using the same folks as ObamaCare????:redface:

Aaaaannnnnnnd just like that, it's changed from "In Production" back to "Sourcing Parts". I halfway expected this dude to show up somewhere on my dashboard:

troll-face-394x360_reasonably_small.jpg

Thanks for the laughs, Tesla.

@e4chan. It's possible. I would guess that if they outsource only the cell production to Panasonic the recovery would be quicker since the ramp up time will be minimal. If they are outsourcing the entire pack production it may take longer. Their "secret sauce" is not the battery (cells) tech itself, but rather the configuration of the cells. Given the mundane nature of the underlying tech I believe this is a small bump in the road.

I for one plan to jump on the investment bandwagon soon with this temp drop in share price. I feel like a missed the boat since I only was turned onto the car/company this summer.

Same here. This is frustrating.

S85 | MC Red | Tan Interior | Tech (w/ Pwr Mirror) | Pano | Sensors | Twin Charger | 19" Primacy | Subzero Weather Package
Deposit 9/22 | Confirm 9/25 | VIN 10/8 - 25679 | Production ??/?? | Projected Delivery 12/06 | Actual Delivery ??/??

cwave1 it wouldn't surprise me if our two cars weren't going to be very close in manufacturing if nothing else than by color since they tend to paint in color batches (at least that's the idea I got from the mega factories episode). Not sure if your DS has given you a projected "in production" date but I'd guess you'll be on or around 11/18 which is when my car is expected to start. In two weeks and we should be in production for real "and this time they mean it". :)

My DS said the system was upgraded and "burped" so many statuses were wrong. It was fixed today, it appears. I'm back to sourcing parts as are many others and my delivery date of 12.16.2013 is back. Emotional roller coaster continues!
Mine went back from "in production" to "sourcing parts" with delivery date of December 6 (original was November 29). Had the 50 amps 240 V outlet installed yesterday. Even though I am ready but Not going to go through any kind of emotional roller coaster, delivery will happen when it happens.