Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They split because MobileEye didn't want its name attached to people dying.

This set Tesla back years, but might have done everyone a favour by keeping the roads a bit safer.

Thanks for this as I have been wanting to do the same. Does anyone recall Elon claiming that the original AP1 will be capable of full autonomous self driving?

My neighbors Camry does even better than GM's SuperCruise or Tesla's AP. It has never let him down even once and he is very comfortable with it, judging by the fact that his family is not even aware he is using it. Agreed that it doesn't work on freeways, marked lanes, lanes with no markers, twisty roads, straight roads - BUT it is very predictable in its behavior that you can rely on it every time,all the time

Or the Camry's AP works on every road, but very poorly, so he has to take over constantly.

I could easily program a system that brakes and accelerates at random and steers left and right based on the GPS log. It wouldn't be any good, but it would be a level 2 system that would work on any road!