Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Tesla Model S is the most amazing thing I've ever seen.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can totally relate. I purchased my MS60 in 2014, and I am currently driving from my home in NJ to visit the kids and twin grandkids in MD (NOT literally now), I a stopped to charge at Northeast SC. Since I have free SC for life, I make good use of it. Also, I just passed 150,000 miles, so I have saved quite a bit on gas, oil changes and tuneups. Also inspections, as NJ does not require them for electric vehicles.
So much infact, that I purchased a M3P last year! I agree it is a fabulous car, but I was spoiled by my S, with its sun roof, and remote opening frunk & trunk (remote closing on the trunk too). I get that those may not be important to others, but since I use my vehicles for work, I usually always have my hands full and the self presenting door handles become a necessity for me.
Long story short, even after I spent a whopping $24 for after market frunk gas pistons (to get the MS-like opening feature), I still traded it back in, and got a new MXP100D! Holy crap! This is the car that will forever paint that non removable smile on your face. No need for self presentation door handles, how about a self opening door?
I know these are not real world issues for others, but again, I still work, and my hands are always full when I get to my car. I will never own an ICE vehicle again. And yes, I do have a Cybertruck on order...

Reactions: pilotSteve
Old car: 2013 Toyota Camry XLE Hybrid

A few years ago, I was looking into what my next car would be. For most of my life, I never cared much about cars. I was one of those "As long as my car is decent and gets me from point A to point B and doesn't give me any problems, I'm fine" kind of people. I've always been a tech enthusiast at heart and I was having a hard time finding a car that had a satisfying technology suite. I test drove a Toyota Avalon XLE Hybrid, thinking it was going to be my next car. It felt almost exactly the same as my 2013 Camry outside of a *slightly* better touch screen and an improved rear camera. There was no way I was going to pay for that at all. Then I test drove a Tesla Model S and was blown away. I have never been more impressed by new technology in

I put a plan in place to get one and a few years later I finally have it. Can't believe it. This is my dream car and I'm going to enjoy every bit of it.

bHuF8N8.jpg
My thoughts exactly!

Great car man. Just a heads up; promised updates & Tesla isn’t a match made in heaven....‍♂️ My wife’s 12-2017 S100D should had a performance update reducing 0-60 by 0.5 seconds and now, over 2 years later still no update.
The ‘to be opened 2018 SC in my area’ is changed in the status ‘opening 2019’ and now ‘opening 2020’
Great car, lousy ‘keeping promises policy’. I don’t care anymore, Tesla’s promises are like fairytales...
Wonderful car. I love my 2016 Model S 90D. But among the false promises is range. Among Model S owners who use TezLab, their actual range is less than 70% of the displayed Rated Range. And the display of Rated Range may not reveal the full extent of battery degradation. Brand new cars will likely do better of course. But it should be more honestly revealed that Rated Range is more than a little optimistic.

Congrats! Enjoy the car, it won't be too hard. ;)
Congrats. I went for the Model 3 (picked up last Christmas eve) but I expect that you, as I, will soon look at all other cars as Rube Goldberg contraptions. Even on the competitive all electric EV’s the dash and instrumentation seem totally Rube.
Likewise you will view your Tesla less as a splurge as time goes on and more as a breakthrough as a cost- efficient sports sedan.

Reactions: IdaBish

A few years ago, I was looking into what my next car would be. For most of my life, I never cared much about cars. I was one of those "As long as my car is decent and gets me from point A to point B and doesn't give me any problems, I'm fine" kind of people. I've always been a tech enthusiast at heart and I was having a hard time finding a car that had a satisfying technology suite. I test drove a Toyota Avalon XLE Hybrid, thinking it was going to be my next car. It felt almost exactly the same as my 2013 Camry outside of a *slightly* better touch screen and an improved rear camera. There was no way I was going to pay for that at all. Then I test drove a Tesla Model S and was blown away. I have never been more impressed by new technology in my life.

I put a plan in place to get one and a few years later I finally have it. Can't believe it. This is my dream car and I'm going to enjoy every bit of it.

bHuF8N8.jpg
Now THAT’S a “Tesla Smile” if ever I’ve seen one. Congrates.

Congrats to you! Yesla!! You’ll never look back, I promise (except in the rear view mirror, for the other cars you’ll smoke!).
In my year & a half of ownership, I’ve only seen two Teslas on the road who acted like “Richards.” Every single other Tesla owner I’ve met or talked with have been totally cool folks. No ego trips or entitlement that I saw or felt. Happy for ya!

A few years ago, I was looking into what my next car would be. For most of my life, I never cared much about cars. I was one of those "As long as my car is decent and gets me from point A to point B and doesn't give me any problems, I'm fine" kind of people. I've always been a tech enthusiast at heart and I was having a hard time finding a car that had a satisfying technology suite. I test drove a Toyota Avalon XLE Hybrid, thinking it was going to be my next car. It felt almost exactly the same as my 2013 Camry outside of a *slightly* better touch screen and an improved rear camera. There was no way I was going to pay for that at all. Then I test drove a Tesla Model S and was blown away. I have never been more impressed by new technology in my life.

bHuF8N8.jpg
Is it black or Midnight Silver Metallic?

bHuF8N8.jpg
Congrats on your beautiful new model S!! I just got mine a few weeks ago and I'm loving it just as much as you. I've always been into cars, having had BMWs, Mercedes, and Lexuses, and I can honestly say, this is the best driving car I've ever owned. I traded in my Mercedes GLC 300 Coupe after only 18 months, and I haven't looked back. LOVE my Tesla!!

• Love
Reactions: MichaelP90DL
When you get into rentals (which i have to do somewhat often) be prepared to be like "what the heck are all these buttons for?" The first few times, after driving my S for like six months, I was almost overwhelmed by all the bits and bobbles and useless junk trying to get my attention. Even the steering wheels of modern cars are ridiculous in some of them, looking like some kind of space mission control from the 60s.

Also be prepared to come out of stores constantly finding people circling around your car commenting with things like "it's like the wheels just go to the pavement, like the tires are so thin", "those calipers though", etc. (hopefully you got Tesla-red painted calipers). I'm used to that from my other cars, it definitely got cranked up to 11 with this one. It has dropped off a bit now that the S is an older model, though.

Wonderful car. I love my 2016 Model S 90D. But among the false promises is range. Among Model S owners who use TezLab, their actual range is less than 70% of the displayed Rated Range. And the display of Rated Range may not reveal the full extent of battery degradation. Brand new cars will likely do better of course. But it should be more honestly revealed that Rated Range is more than a little optimistic.

3.5 years in, I can still beat my rated range on warmish days on the highway. Only in winter the range can drop significantly.

You look like one happy guy! Hopefully that'll be my smile in 6-8 weeks. I'm a huge car enthusiast and relatively interested in tech (although it's not a huge selling point). I was considering buying a BMW X5 or Mercedes-AMG E63S Wagon, even a BMW 7-Series at one point but after testing the Raven Model S I was completely blown away. I haven't thought about those cars until I wrote this post - they pale in comparison to this thing. I'll have to see what customer service is like, but I will say the sales rep that I talked to was fantastic and proactive.

Quality and the rest aside (which is also great), this car is so damn attractive and has a massive wow factor. I've promised like 15 friends, neighbours etc a ride in it once I take delivery. Every moment of the wait is agonizing, but it'll be worth it. (Sorry for the adjectives... lol)

Enjoy the car, man!

• Love
Reactions: MichaelP90DL
Congrats CableZL, your smile will be visible every time that you're in the car! I got my MS last July after a 16 year love affair with a Camaro Z-28 and many performance cars before that. I don't drive much anymore, but look forward to each and every trip in the MS! Best wishes, Kula Guy

Attachments

• 2408.JPG
    2408.JPG
    275.2 KB · Views: 75