Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Tesla Model S Owners Forum

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@AnOutsider: *laughing out loud* :tongue::biggrin: you're bad!

@johnr: Agreed! Five days after isn't so bad. Unless of course this becomes a trend in which––as it has been stated before me––it's better to set low expectations and exceed them, as opposed to the opposite.

But we could talk about this all day...I'm just glad we now have something to look forward to! :biggrin:

It's Monday has anyone received a number from Tesla?

Not yet. Maybe later tonight? Hopefully it'll be this week sometime. Not like knowing now will make that much of a difference but it would be interesting just to find out anyway.

update: looks like they got the funding (article on Autobloggreen.com)

Last edited:
Not yet. Maybe later tonight? Hopefully it'll be this week sometime. Not like knowing now will make that much of a difference but it would be interesting just to find out anyway.

update: looks like they got the funding (article on Autobloggreen.com)

If they're busy getting ready to respond to the DOE announcement, that could explain the delay, although I still wish they'd let people know that "two weeks" shouldn't be taken too literally. I'm so happy the DOE loan is set to be announced that I'll even forgive the lax response time on the sequencing. :biggrin:

If they're busy getting ready to respond to the DOE announcement, that could explain the delay, although I still wish they'd let people know that "two weeks" shouldn't be taken too literally. I'm so happy the DOE loan is set to be announced that I'll even forgive the lax response time on the sequencing. :biggrin:

Yeah. I guess they've know about this for at least a few weeks and will announce everything in one big e-mail. "We got funding and here's your number"
So happy for Tesla and everyone who ordered a Model S too.

Can't wait for sequencing. I'm still eager to know availability for the sport and what the signature entails before making a firm decision though

That is the toughest part about dealing with the Model S. It is a total unknown about the Signature version and what the difference is from a base version of the Model S.

For now, I only have a $5,000 deposit submitted and with 3 years to go it is tough to make a larger commitment to Tesla Motors.

I only ordered my Roadster last September 2008. I did not have to go through the two year wait of many people. But waiting three years for the Model S is just going to seem like forever. At least with the government loan approved it seems more realistic that it will become a reality now.