Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The TESLA Motors Battery Pack Kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As you said in your original post everything is possible. However, based on the opinions expressed here your idea got no traction in this forum. I have a lot of respect for the opinions of the experienced people here. You admit that you have no experience but persist in your argument. Prove them wrong, write a letter to Elon Musk and tell him about your vision.
Hi Ampster,
And thanks for your suggestion.

You are right that the topic didn't get much traction.
I appreciate this subject may indeed seem too far fetched (or even stupid) for most in this forum today, even myself, but that doesn't necessarily mean the topic is not worth discussing... Of course if I were a Roadster and/or Model S owner, with a reservation for Model X, I could care less about making TESLA technology available in developing countries for the masses and not just for the elite. It is at that point that I admit not having any sort of market analysis or feasibility study, but that doesn't mean it is not worth looking into. I don't say TESLA has to do it. I also don't say when they have to do it. I don't say it is the way to go, I simply throw the idea, present my arguments, and expect respectful and solid counter arguments in return (and not condescending, unsupported, and irritated opinions).

That said, I too have a lot of respect for the opinions of experienced people here, but also for those less experienced, and those not experienced at all. However, having written hundreds of comments doesn't make you right not proves someone else is wrong...

Of course I persist in my arguments even if I have no experience, but I do so trying to justify my ideas as best as possible with my knowledge and information, irrespective of how many previous posts I may have written.

As I wrote to mitch672 it is not my wish for this to happen, it is also not my desire, and it is not my vision. It is just an idea that pop into my head I though worth sharing with people of common TESLA interests, in case it could have any eventual merit. But this thread has now been turned into me answering to rude comments and/or justifying myself, and frankly...

I may just write to Elon one day with my one real vision, but that I leave for another thread that would also not be interesting at all for many people here.
Regards.

I think it has to do with the forum heading. This is a technical thread and you got a bunch of techno answers. Perhaps there would have been a different response in the Future Cars thread. That is where some out of the box ideas get discussed without the rancor that you experienced. Just my 2 cents.

Personally I think it's a great idea to make a Tesla conversion kit.... Maybe because I've had the same idea myself. :biggrin:

If TSLA made a kit for converting the most sold vehicle in a certain class say a Toyota Corolla or something they could sell kits. It would help Elons goals of EVs going main stream. I'd buy a kit. And let's face it, TSLA is already selling kits to Toyota and Daimler.

From a green standpoint it would take less energy and materials to retrofit an already existing car than it would to build an entirely new car. This kind of shift in our paradigm is what we need to become a truly "green" society.

That being said, it isn't going to happen. Aside from myself, I think TSLA shareholders would be upset if this happened. Not to mention all the X reservation holders... Plus Seeking Alpha would have a heyday with this.