Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Tesla P85D drag race thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The P85D doesn't look like it's running at its optimal capacity. I raced my P85D against my Aventador, and even with launch control on the Lamborghini, the P85D always gets the jump. And I'm 100% sure a Lamborghini Aventador is faster than a RS 7. The P85D looks a bit slow in this video compared to what I'm used to seeing in real life. If you look at my P85D vs Aventador video, you'll see what a Tesla P85D really looks like on a full charge.

Last edited by a moderator:
The P85D doesn't look like it's running at its optimal capacity. I raced my P85D against my Aventador, and even with launch control on the Lamborghini, the P85D always gets the jump. And I'm 100% sure a Lamborghini Aventador is faster than a RS 7. The P85D looks a bit slow in this video compared to what I'm used to seeing in real life. If you look at my P85D vs Aventador video, you'll see what a Tesla P85D really looks like on a full charge.

Did you know the po-po was sitting there just beyond the overpass? Perhaps you know the police and they had cleared the roads for this race?

- - - Updated - - -

The Tesla P85D has been recorded at 3.12 which is lower than Dragtimes 3.17, and motortrend has the porsche 918 at 1.2 sec 0-30, while the P85D does 0-33mph in 1.2 seconds. So I don't think there's any production 4 door thats faster 0-30 than the P85D.

I hope they show a video of the Tesla at higher charge, since its clearly not at its best.

Something the most people don't consider is that even with equal times to a given mph, the car with the quicker bottom end will be ahead in a drag race. The Tesla, with its light switch type of power engagement, will have the jump on almost any car. That's how the P85D is able to beat cars that have faster 0-60 times. Time to speed and time to distance are different things all together.

cant speak on behalf of that RS7 video, but having first hand experience (and not going off magazines at my local albertson's at the checkout lane), the RS7 is no slouch. even if the P85D may be timed quicker off the line, the RS7 would trail just for a bit -- and it might only be by a fender or half a car;but after that the RS7 is saying bye-bye. i plan on getting this on video once our D is delivered.

cant speak on behalf of that RS7 video, but having first hand experience (and not going off magazines at my local albertson's at the checkout lane), the RS7 is no slouch. even if the P85D may be timed quicker off the line, the RS7 would trail just for a bit -- and it might only be by a fender or half a car;but after that the RS7 is saying bye-bye. i plan on getting this on video once our D is delivered.

I'll put $100 down right now on the P85D jumping out to more than a car on the RS7. Are you saying that you can drive your RS7 faster than Car and Driver? Because unless you can, the RS7 isn't going to catch the Tesla until after the 1/4, at speeds beyond 120mph. And pretty much any idiot can drive a Tesla to an 11.4 1/4 mile.

Vs some car in the beginning, more about the Tesla Grins.

Enjoyed those...but that first one the announcer was all over the map with his "information" on the Tesla! Called it a hybrid once, said it had over 700HP at another, said it was $200,000 another time. But the races were fun to watch.