Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Tesla Van (albeit Tesla Service)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't seen this mentioned before, and I'm not sure if different Service Centers do their own thing when it comes to service vehicles, but the Tesla Ranger that came from the Vancouver SC pulled up in a "Tesla Van"... a Nissan NV small cargo van.

teslavan-NV.jpg

In a few years not only will their service vehicle be a Tesla of some sort, but it will just be dispatched autonomously. It will carry a robot which does the actual work. In fact there's no evidence the person in your picture isn't an artificial human. But in most cases they'll just summon your vehicle, usually during the night, to the service center where they can fix it and send it back by morning.

In a few years not only will their service vehicle be a Tesla of some sort, but it will just be dispatched autonomously. It will carry a robot which does the actual work. In fact there's no evidence the person in your picture isn't an artificial human. But in most cases they'll just summon your vehicle, usually during the night, to the service center where they can fix it and send it back by morning.

Or... there are nanorobots on the inside of your glovebox, that climb out to do all kinds of stuff during the night, like chew off the splattered flies on your bumper. Think of it like automobile white bloodcells ;)

Those Nissan vans could not be uglier.

I have mixed feelings on whether or not branded, non-Tesla service vehicles are a good idea or not.
I was saying the same exact thing, personally i would much have rather them use Mercedes Benzs clean diesel Sprinter Cargo vans not only are they better looking but also have better capacities on nearly every metric possible. In addition why not use vans from a company that "gave you some food to eat in January of 2009"