TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

The TESLAQUILA thread

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by AudubonB, Apr 4, 2018.

1. AudubonB

AudubonB Investing is fun!

#1 AudubonB, Apr 4, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2018
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who instantly thought Mr Musk's April Fool post should develop into yet another marketing ploy.

So here's a thread about that. First question from me:

Whoever first tries this, what are your impressions of the joy juice? There have been a spate of celebrity tequilas starting up recently - isn't George Clooney involved in one such? I've become quite partial to certain añejos in recent years, but a friend who spent last winter sailing around Baja brought back a local joven that is absolutely fantastic ("Puerta de Hierro").

Is it well-sourced, or is it rebottled nasty?

Do you like the label?

Should it actually be called as per Mr Musk's first tweet: "Teslaquilla"? I like that, too....

2. skitown

skitown Member

• Funny x 1
  3. wsucougz

wsucougz Member

Hopefully it's something decent and available in large quantities. My guess is they'll open it up and sell a million bottles in short order if they want. I'm cool with the name and label.

4. Don TLR

Don TLR Active Member

More $$ to put back into Tesla, Sammy Hagar made a ton of money from his branding..

• Like x 1
  5. Don TLR

Don TLR Active Member

29415854_1556789691086190_2468543774909792256_n.jpg 29416521_2077095449029765_5237317325861945344_n.jpg

• Funny x 7
    • Love x 2
  6. AudubonB

Teslaquila - puts you over the moon

Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 1.37.13 PM.png

I think we can do better than that....

7. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

I'm waiting for tres commas.

8. McRat

McRat Well-Known Member

No fashion designer tequila. Put something in the bottle that tastes like tequila.
    Procure something affordable yet tasty like Don Julio Anejo. Good value in a premium tequila. Patron apparently means urine in Spanish.

Then put it in a fashion bottle and mark it up. The higher you price it, the better it tastes I've heard.

9. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

I used to buy Patron Silver because it was supposedly the best mainstream tequila without getting crazy expensive.

But then I found Hornitos Plata was just as good at half the price.

10. Bebop

Bebop Active Member

The guy is a genius. It really is an inspiration to watch. You can raise money in such creative ways.

• Like x 1
  11. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

How much is a bottle of Don Julio Anejo in the Us (curious)

12. J1mbo

J1mbo Active Member

Does this mean they are discontinuing the Kool Aid?!

• Funny x 4
  13. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

That is highly dependant on what state you are in. In Oregon it is $59.95. Just a few miles north in Washington it is $69.99 + 20% tax + 3.77/liter tax. = $86.18. :eek:

14. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

That's another merchandising idea.

15. PaulusdB

PaulusdB Mayor Gnomus Vintage Limb

Finally.
    Something that is more affordable in Europe than in the US.
    Capture tequila.JPG

€ 34,95 = US$ 42,90 (including all taxes)

16. McRat

McRat Well-Known Member

#16 McRat, Apr 5, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    I think it's about $50 for the anejo and about $150 for 1942, which are 100% blue agave. It's not Jose Cuervo. You don't use it for mixed drinks, you're buying it for its flavor, no need to mask it with salt or lime. Salt and lime are used to get a bad taste out of your mouth. You want the aftertaste of a good tequila, it's the best part.

If you really like the taste of tequila, and want to experiment with the premium tequilas try Porfidio anejo. It will be a golden color and there is a glass saguaro cactus inside the handmade bottle. That way if I'm wrong you have a cool looking bottle for deco purposes. I personally believe it's the world's best tasting tequila. The good news is that after the tax stamp fiasco, it's no longer $400, it's closer to $125. IMO, it was still worth it at $400, and I would have it on hand for creating memories.

Trivia - All tequila comes from one state in Mexico by definition. If it's not made in Jalisco, it is unlawful to call it tequila. The Mexican government is very strict on this. Counterfeit tequila exists and is a problem.

17. AudubonB

#17 AudubonB, Apr 5, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    Impressive price in Netherlands! Strange, though: although that bottles label seems to suggest the standard 750ml, the price description says 700ml. I'll believe the former.

Anyway, in the normally close-to-lowest USA prices, I see that it is $54.99 in New Hampshire (net - no tax).

Don Julio 1942 is $133.99 net - and here are current prices for the top-shelf tequilas for sale in NH - btw, there is some high-qualtiy....or at least really high-priced! Jose Cuervo....
    Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 7.35.36 AM.png

• Like x 1
  18. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Well-Known Member

The label was obviously printed on a laster printer and then cut by hand. Just look at it.

19. Daniel in SD

Daniel in SD Well-Known Member

No you mix this with Kool-Aid to make a "True Believer"

Sorry, the joke had to made.

• Like x 1
  20. Got-EMF

Got-EMF Member

It will be one more Tesla product that we can't buy directly here in Texas.:mad:

• Funny x 1