TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

The time has come for charging in my condo !!!! but...

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by squadra, Sep 13, 2016.

1. squadra

squadra Member

I need your help guys !

After over a year of begging for electric charging spots in my condo they are finally agreeing and on top of that they will do it how ever i want.

I would like to know what is the best solution for any electric car to charge ?

They will install 250V 50amps but I would like to make sure that we install the right thing for any other electric car to come and plug in

Thank you !

2. Rocky_H

Rocky_H Member

It is pretty widely recognized that Clipper Creek makes the most robust and reliable charging stations at pretty good prices. So I would go for a hardwired unit from them. The HCS-50 will use that 240V 50A circuit and supply 40A output, and it is $835. It is a J1772 format charging handle, so any electric car can use it. You can mount it on a 4 inch square wooden post if you want for cheap, but since it will be outside in the elements, a metal post might be better. Clipper Creek also has mounting posts, like the ProMount Duo, which is powder coated to protect from weather and rusting. It is $434. So that is a pretty decent universal usage setup.
    ClipperCreek EV Charging Stations | Reliable, Powerful, Made in USA

3. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

If you want to make a public station, look at EATON who has a credit card payment center/ key Fob to unlock, or a Chargepoint station if it is available in your area. Both are J1772.