Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The time has come for charging in my condo !!!! but...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need your help guys !

After over a year of begging for electric charging spots in my condo they are finally agreeing and on top of that they will do it how ever i want.

I would like to know what is the best solution for any electric car to charge ?

They will install 250V 50amps but I would like to make sure that we install the right thing for any other electric car to come and plug in

Thank you !

It is pretty widely recognized that Clipper Creek makes the most robust and reliable charging stations at pretty good prices. So I would go for a hardwired unit from them. The HCS-50 will use that 240V 50A circuit and supply 40A output, and it is $835. It is a J1772 format charging handle, so any electric car can use it. You can mount it on a 4 inch square wooden post if you want for cheap, but since it will be outside in the elements, a metal post might be better. Clipper Creek also has mounting posts, like the ProMount Duo, which is powder coated to protect from weather and rusting. It is $434. So that is a pretty decent universal usage setup.
ClipperCreek EV Charging Stations | Reliable, Powerful, Made in USA