Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The time is now, save $2k on a Model S 60

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

e-FTW

New electron smell
Aug 23, 2015
San Francisco, CA
The Model S 60 that you will order today will:
  • Be $2000 cheaper than the one ordered tomorrow, as a price hike was announced by Tesla for 11/22
  • Will have unlimited lifetime supercharging (this ends if you order after 1/1/17, or push delivery past 3/31/17): An Update to Our Supercharging Program
  • Have all of the new Autopilot hardware (8 cameras!) that enables a future self-driving capability:
  • Have the benefit of using only 80% of the installed battery, saving on charging times and wear versus all other models.
  • Allow you to one day decide you need more range, and get that done over-the-air by calling up Tesla and opting-in to make your car a full-blown 75!
  • Have everything else that makes a Tesla great. I will not go into detail, as many others have done it before, but the 60 is a fantastic car.
I drive a base Model S, and it is the best car I've ever owned. And it is electric. And will take over for the boring parts of a long drive, freeing me to be much more aware of my surroundings. I've never felt safer in any other car.
Go for it, you will not regret it. You can always change your mind within a week and get your deposit back. I dare you!

*Also, the older 60 was much quicker than Tesla claimed. Am sure this is still the case. The slowest car they make is a 5 second car to 60mph:

Missed the cool videos. Because you may need more convincing. :)

First up, this is the car that will one day do this, but better:

How about destroying Tesla's own 0-60 time, in the older Model S 60? It was rated at 5.9s:

This one, just because of the cool smoke effects on the car. Imagine this, but with the new refreshed nose: