Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor The Tire Rack and Axis wheels bring you the new Model MS in 21" !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
gg
i would prefer (4) 20x9's and then mount staggard tires since I always (champ does the same) purchase an extra wheel for "back-up" just in case a wheel is damaged beyond repair since wheel manufactures notoriously drop/add new wheel styles to their line-up and I would hate not having a spare replacement should the unfortunate need arise.

FlatSix
Here is an old pic that I thought you might enjoy of this "horse-and-buggy" RUF, 580+hp, 2500# and change, air-cooled, rear engine, with 2 large intakes in the tail (but hard to see from this angle), requiring much skill to drive at the limit ("D" (except a few) and Godzilla owners need not apply and makes "Yellowbird" look slow) built for/formerly owned by fashion designer/car collector extroidinare RL that will SHAG easily to 200+ (so I have heard, lol) :biggrin:

image.jpeg

Last edited:
gg
i would prefer (4) 20x9's and then mount staggard tires since I always (champ does the same) purchase an extra wheel for "back-up" just in case a wheel is damaged beyond repair since wheel manufactures notoriously drop/add new wheel styles to their line-up and I would hate not having a spare replacement should the unfortunate need arise.

FlatSix
Here is an old pic that I thought you might enjoy of this "horse-and-buggy" RUF, 580+hp, 2500# and change, air-cooled, rear engine, with 2 large intakes in the tail (but hard to see from this angle), requiring much skill to drive at the limit ("D" (except a few) and Godzilla owners need not apply and makes "Yellowbird" look slow) built for/formerly owned by fashion designer/car collector extroidinare RL that will SHAG easily to 200+ (so I have heard, lol) :biggrin:

Nice RUF ... I always loved the wide-body cars with the flared fenders. :cool:
I just returned from the Rennsport reunion at Laguna Seca last weekend.

ruf.jpg

I'd use these rims in the summer (Toronto) and keep my OE 19" for winter driving.
So I guess "all season" is the answer? I'm not interested in tires that wear really quickly.

The recommended Tire Sizes: 245/40-20″ for 20×9.0″ wheels and 275/40-20″ for 20×10.0″ wheels.
For all season tires, take a look at the Hankook VENTUS S1 NOBLE2 and Continental EXTREMECONTACT DWS.

OK, quick update.. Tire Rack has marked down the 21x9 (Black with Machined Face, Bright Silver and Titanium Gunmetal finishes) and 21x10 (Titanium Gunmetal only) for Clearance. I'll stress that the durability of the wheels has been great, but we are just moving away from the 21" diameter as a category so both this design and the Axis Allies are marked down) Get 'em while they last !

https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whe.../Matte+Graphite+Acct&tab=wheels&affiliate=JQ8