Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor The Tire Rack and Axis wheels bring you the new Model MS in 21" !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Couple questions:
1. TPMS would have to be programmed to Tesla, right?
2. OEM are 8.5" wide and Axis is 9" wide. Does this mean on a 9" rim, more risk of "curb rash" with 245/25/21 tires?
3. if non-staggered, unidirectional... would still be able to swap from front to rear, right?
4. Could I keep my Tesla center cap?
Thanks

Just a minor opinion from the other side of the world - I'm looking for a 20x8" wheels, as 8.5 and 9 would make the tire-to-tire wider and my Model S won't fit in the parking at home.

Now I have Tesla OE 19 Cyclone for summer, 19 Normal for winter. Very interested to upgrade to 20 but can't afford to wider rear.

Have any good idea?

Couple questions:
2. OEM are 8.5" wide and Axis is 9" wide. Does this mean on a 9" rim, more risk of "curb rash" with 245/25/21 tires?
3. if non-staggered, unidirectional... would still be able to swap from front to rear, right?
Thanks

Here is what I could answer...

1. The TPMS that Tirerack provided was able to sync up with my June 2015 P85D after a minute or two of driving. My car uses the Continental sensors.
3. I would guess so, but I have a staggered setup.
4. The caps are interchangable with the stock Tesla caps, I was able to just pop them out and swap them with the Axis caps.

Couple questions:
Thanks

1. There is a way to reset the sensors from your touch screen if you'd like.
2. The tire would have 1/4" less "protruding" sidewall beyond the face of the wheel at worst, but yes I suppose you would be a slightly higher risk of damage from curbs.
3. Directional tires can be rotated from front to back on the same side of the car without dismounting the tires from the wheels, yes.
4. While the wheel ships with AXIS centercaps included at no cost, your OE Tesla caps will snap right in with no issues.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/resu...2015&autoModClar=70D&package=false#visualizer

Axis MS wheel.JPG

doc,
TireRack has the 21" Axis on closeout.
1. Does that mean once sold out, no longer offering the Axis MS?
2. Is the Titanium Gunmetal SAME color as OEM. The Axis MS almost looks "lighter" like the original Model S gray. I now have a Midnight Grey Tesla.
IMG_3393.JPG

I know others have expressed this, but I would buy these immediately if offered in a 20" size!

Thanks for the input.... a 20" is something that is being worked toward. Maybe next Spring, but that is a big maybe !

getting the 22s with my X, but would love these in 20" for winters

The new Model X will be available with 20 and 22 inch wheels.
Assuming the 20" will fit on the Model S, we should have a lot of take-off wheels available.

right. we're getting the 22's since you don't get a credit for NOT getting them, but would still want 20's for the winter.

A lot of people will order the 20's and take them off and go with aftermarket.
Therefore we may see a good number of 20's for sale as take-off wheels.

- - - Updated - - -

Forged BMW Motorsport 6 Series Wheels with custom titanium finish.

• Size Front: 19x8.5 +14mm
  • Size Rear: 19x9.0 + 14mm
  • Finish: Anthracite
IMG_3882.JPG
IMG_3883.JPG

Thanks for this

OEM Tesla 21x9" Turbine without TPMS and no center cap 36.6 lbs.

doc, Ron_

Whoever comes out with a high-quality (made in USA or Europe) 20x9", 64mm CB, 35-40mm ET, OEM accepting wheel lugs and caps, Turbine style wheel will NOT be able to keep up with the demand. ANY Model S owner that has been around motor sports knows that the 20" wheel/tire combination is the true high performance option and not the silly, heavy, expensive, inefficient, limited tire selection, damage-prone, alignment sensitive, rubber-band, rapper 21's. I have never spent so much time, energy, babysitting, and experimenting with various custom suspension componentry to achieve an acceptable service life on my pretty, low-performance, *fail* 21's.

I have been wanting 20" wheels now for 6 months as I just don't like large wheels for the sake of style only. Avant garde makes a M590 in 20" and 8.5 and 10" width, what do you think of those? Which tires do you like, I like pilot super sport but where can you get them?