Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Tragedy of Ignorance and Hatred: The wages of FUD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From another Aussie in San Diego -- a "ute" is a typical Australian contraction of "utility" vehicle. We Aussies have some colorful expressions...

Yes, and the use of "utility" as the middle word of SUV confuses many 'Merkans, not to mention me. That is why I (unashamedly born in the slums* of Sydney) stepped in to clarify.

(* Used to be slums, now of course highly sought after and gentrified.)

Whether you agree with them or not there is a widening wealth gap in many developed countries. I think that at an individual level many people may not be able to articulate this but do understand it at some level and develop a pervasive anger. This is seen in domestic violence, road rage, street violence and of course is usually directed at convenient if inappropriate targets rather than dealt with through the ballot box.

Huh that's a leap to attribute domestic violence, road rage or any type of violence to wealth gap. I prefer to attribute all kinds of violent outbursts to a lack of personal control, or immaturity, nothing to do with wealth or lack of it.

Yes, and the use of "utility" as the middle word of SUV confuses many 'Merkans, not to mention me. That is why I (unashamedly born in the slums* of Sydney) stepped in to clarify.

(* Used to be slums, now of course highly sought after and gentrified.)

Your stepping in is appreciated. No such thing as slums in Sydney any more.

Aussies are hijacking this thread and we are so off topic. I wonder which thread we will get moved to from here. Just hope there is good beer wherever we get moved.

I've seen more of the type of behavior described by the OP as a bicycle rider than as a Tesla driver.

As far as the Tesla goes it's almost all "nice car"' and thumbs up around here.
This has been my experience as well. As a cyclist, I've been run off the road with accompanying shouting and gestures. The Only negative comments I've gotten with the Tesla have been from car dealers.

I think there is a correlation to the chances of such misbehaviour to the following map of energy efficiency by state (apologies for the good people here of the trailing states):
2014-scorecard-map-01.jpg