TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

The truth about Tesla Model 3 batteries

Discussion in 'Model 3: Battery & Charging' started by GoingVerde, Aug 18, 2018.

1. GoingVerde

GoingVerde Member

Very informative videos on model 3 batteries

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 3
    • Love x 1
  2. nbvola

nbvola New Member

Thank you, loved the presentation and will recommend it to all future prospective Tesla buyers.

3. countontom

countontom Member

It's a great video

4. R1Fast

R1Fast P3D Blue/White

I watched this about 2 weeks ago - nice to see they are using the new and improved version on the M3.

5. KenC

KenC Member

Enjoyed the vids, the 50% range reduction in cold weather seemed a bit high, and imprecise since range loss varies with temp. I have a Volt, waiting for my LR AWD Mod 3, and some loss of range is due to soft winter tires having higher rolling resistance and some due to roads being covered in snow, increasing resistance. Of course some is lost to cabin heating. And of course, some is lost to inefficient battery chemistry in the cold. Altogether though, I seem to lose about 30-35% at 10 deg F, which is common in Maine, not 50%. Of course, there are charts showing actual range loss data due to temp out there, thought it odd that they didn't show any. I estimate 4miles of loss per 10 degree drop for my Volt.