Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Uber of SuperCharging ..of sorts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I propose each charger identify it's availability through a Mobile App. The Uber of SuperChargers of sorts. Maybe even provide the ability to reserve a time-slot for a nominal fee (that is forfeited if not used within a 5min window of reserved start-time ..or so) - I'd pay for that. Patent Pending [emoji3] Any investors out there?
How about really Uber-izing. Everyone who has a HPWC gets an Eyedro (avail from Amazon.com) and making their profile public on myEyedro.com so everyone can see if you are charging and when you are not...let others use your HPWC for your electricity cost plus $5. I'm in.

How about really Uber-izing. Everyone who has a HPWC gets an Eyedro (avail from Amazon.com) and making their profile public on myEyedro.com so everyone can see if you are charging and when you are not...let others use your HPWC for your electricity cost plus $5. I'm in.

Not bad! Would need to get past some logistics - like externalizing the cord, designating a parking spot, and implementing a payment system - pretty straightforward stuff. Millennials have shown that creepiness is not a significant factor (think Airbnb), so its definitely viable.

The only challenges I can imagine at first blush are the legalities - permits, approvals, insurance, etc. But worth a look. I'm in

Have had my Tesla Model X for 9 weeks now.... have a very good idea of weekly home electricity and cost. Also, use free destination charger at work that is not included...
Eyedro Weekly Cost.JPG

Eyedro Weekly Consumption.JPG

Didn't keep track on what we used to pay for gasoline.... but know it was much more than this!
-dave

Reactions: vandacca
oh you mean this "My Eyedro system has solved many mysteries around our family’s electricity usage. We are so much more aware and often have fun looking for any current unnecessary power usage. I am confident this will pay for itself many times over in reduced utility bills. Dave Home Owner - Ontario, Canada"

I don't recall writing that review although I am in Ontario and did write a good review for them on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Eyedro-EHEM1-Home-Electricity-Monitor/dp/B00EP774LM

I own 4 of their units.... Home , Cottage, Tesla-Home, Tesla-Cottage.... and obviously recommend it.

• Informative
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wasn't supercharger status part of Elon's range-anxiety-busting solution? I thought the trip planner was supposed to know supercharger status (charging, broken, free, etc.) and re-route you accordingly. Or has that not fully rolled out yet?
For a while the Fremont SC icon showed that it was not at full capacity. This was a couple of months ago and only started after I used a SC there. I'm not sure if that was fleet learning, an OTA FYI or specific to my charging experience in Fremont (which was painfully slow).

A far cry from what we're talking about here and maybe this is old news to everyone. I just wanted to share that SC status is posted on the Nav screen.