Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor The Ultimate Carbon Ceramic Brake System for Model S Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations to Cameron K., your ZR1 kit is being shipped today.

2r50%20stack_up.PNG

See how the brake lines are routed for a super easy installation (brake pads and caliper brackets are pre-installed).
2r50%20bottom%20view-1%20(3).PNG

2r50%20bottom%20view-1%20(1).PNG

The kit can be shipped less than a week if caliper color is in-stock, or 2-3 weeks for special colors.

Last edited:
To all Plaid motorsport enthusiasts:

Take note that this ZR1 retrofit kit is rated for "Spirited" driving only*, although it has the same front (caliper & rotor) as ZR1/Z28, but is not recommended for any high speed tracking and here is why:

CarZ28/ZR1Plaid
HP5051020
Curb Wt (Lbs)41004816
Caliper (6 pot) Mount StyleDirectly attached to SpindleIndirectly (Need to use adaptors)
Rear Rotor Size380x34mm CCB365x28mm Iron

Do more researches and reference to our application guide for your driving purpose before making your purchase decision, and don't stretch over what the kit is designed for; especially on brakes.

Last edited:
I did not know this forum thread was here! I am Chris S. and got Warren and Racing Brake's first set of full CCB brakes. Let me first say I came from an Audi RS Q8 that has Audi's stock CCB Brakes. The Audi brakes are larger in diameter than these but are made of chipped carbon and not long filaments. I have driven the Plaid 2,000 before the brakes and now 8,000 more miles with them. The stock brakes on the plaid are just scarry . really. I remember the first stop light I was stopping at and my fright as I went way past where I was planning to stop.

FWIW I drive with a hand control as I am a bilateral below knee amputee with a spinal cord injury all from cancer.

The Audi/Lambo/Porsche brake experience. They bite too hard. With my hand control I almost always hit them too hard. They require a fine touch and the initial bite is followed by a flat period of increased pressure without significant increase in braking power and then they really bite in and you can lock all 4 anytime. Great brakes, they heat up faster than iron but also cool faster and can dissipate more heat over time than iron. Also, there is no fade with CCB brakes. These or RB's. The heat is noted by the car telling me the temps (Audi is really good about it and Tesla just tells you when they are too hot)

Now, Racing Brake. Install was super super easy. I would love to have a 4 pot rear caliper but after many miles and hard driving I am convinced the rear are adequate with the stock calipers. I believe the reason RB didn't create a rear was the integrated parking brake on the Tesla rears. The RBs had a little brake dust in brake in period but there is none now. The feel of the RBs. There is no hard bite. It is just a wonderful quite whirr sound (which reminds you of your cool brakes) and a gradual slowing. The pedal feel is so very gradual and linear. What I believe a curve would show is the opposite of what I have explained with the Audi. The initial over bite is absent. The bite is good and the response to increased braking force is very linear and so so very predictable. I remember every time I would head into a corner in the plaid when driving hard I would feel my anxiety spool up as I waited to see if my brakes were still there. And often when hot it would vibrate the crap out of my yoke. Not anymore. I have 100% confidence that the brakes are going to be the same ice cold as they are red hot. For any vehicle I plan to track in the future I will be getting CCBs from RB.

Other notes, is that the pads are worn some at this point but remain well over 2/3 of pad remaining. The Audi's are almost shot with 15K on the clock. I did get the MTN works? brake strut that reinforces the brake master cylinder as the firewall flexes a lot when you really push. Definitely flush all the Dot3 fluid out of the entire system and replace with some racing fluid. I also have planned to get Unplugged Performance's air duct system to cool the fronts. It needs air to keep them cool and hopefully to never need to replace the rotors.

Lastly, they look like brakes that belong on this car. The stock tesla brakes just do not look like a 9 second car!

Happy to answer any questions....

Chris Starnes

Attachments

• IMG_1197.jpg
    IMG_1197.jpg
    577.1 KB · Views: 570
  • IMG_1191.jpg
    IMG_1191.jpg
    463.4 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1179.jpg
    IMG_1179.jpg
    371 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1175.jpg
    IMG_1175.jpg
    464.7 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_1173.jpg
    IMG_1173.jpg
    500.5 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1170.jpg
    IMG_1170.jpg
    465.3 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1154.jpg
    IMG_1154.jpg
    540.4 KB · Views: 84
Who is the supplier ?
+/- someone like this probably. (I'm not knocking these suppliers, some make really good products)