Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor The Ultimate Carbon Ceramic Brake System for Model S Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for posting the details. It looks like your RB CCB System Kit (420/410) for Tesla Plaid is $3,000 cheaper and has larger rotors than the Tesla kit. ;)

But the Tesla kit includes a rear caliper (4 piston) instead of reusing the stock caliper (1 piston). That has to account for some of the $3000 difference.
Tesla kit also includes installation by Tesla Service center

Reactions: oktane
The racing brake Kit also includes spacers. That is very common with all big brakes kits

However, they have a disclaimer saying this on their kit using 394mm rotors and ZR1 calipers using the spacers:

"This kit is not recommended for any heavy tracking applications than street and spirited driving, customers purchase this kit for track applications is solely at their own risks."

I hope to explain that as it does not make sense and their Iron and CCB 390mm kits do not say that. That is the kit that I would be most likely interested in.

Last edited:
Tesla kit also includes installation by Tesla Service center
Also assuming the Tesla kit will be warrantied by Tesla.
Based on past history, you will be lucky to get a Tesla kit by 2023.

1638466110548.png

Reactions: oktane
"Caliper Spacer" Typically used on Radial (Top) mount calipers in higher end cars with upright eg. Ferrari, McLaren, Porsche etc. to space out a caliper for a larger rotor.

caliper%20spacer.PNG

Plaid happens to have radial mt calipers on front (upright), so using spacer is not a concern (in rigidty and strength) as the mounting points between the caliper and upright remains the same, which is also a very popular upgrade on Porsche's like 992 GT3 380/380 standard iron can upgrade to pccb's 410/390 with a caliper spacer.

"Caliper Adaptor" as its name suggested is a part designed to "Adapt" one (Caliper-ZR1) to fit the other (Plaid upright) which involves the change in height and offset.

AD720.PNG

Plaid's mounting points are wider then ZR1, and the adaptor must be made to fit Plaid's upright as well as ZR1 caliper with narrower mounting points and the boss OD is restricted to "no interference" with upright casting and how far it must extend on offset.

So from above 3D you can imagine how a ZR1 caliper is installed to the adaptor and attached to Plaid's upright in rigidity and strength compared to the OE caliper kit straight up with a "Caliper Spacer"

Below pics on GM ZR1/Z28 (Brembo) retrofit kit test show you some insights you will never see anywhere else, nor from the ad/marketing media campaign by other vender on the same kit, aside from the concern on extended overhang of caliper mount.

1. The pad bottom leaves only 0.5mm clearance to the rotor hat hardware.

2r50z.PNG

2. Pad edge has 1.5mm overhang above the rotor edge.
2r50z-top.PNG

zr1%20kit.PNG

Last edited:
The racing brake Kit also includes spacers. That is very common with all big brakes kits

However, they have a disclaimer saying this on their kit using 394mm rotors and ZR1 calipers using the spacers:

"This kit is not recommended for any heavy tracking applications than street and spirited driving, customers purchase this kit for track applications is solely at their own risks."

I hope to explain that as it does not make sense and their Iron and CCB 390mm kits do not say that. That is the kit that I would be most likely interested in.
You have choice to purchase either UP kit or RB kit, anyhow either way is better off than trying to put the kit together yourself, so you can hold the vender accountable for the integrity and result.

Although some of the flaws can be corrected in RB kit but the design is still constrained to what can be done, so a Plaid owner who wishes to purchase RB kit must acknowledge the disclaimer before the order can be accepted.

This 390/390 kit is an excellent CCB upgrade for an easy (parts swap) installation while keeping the OE configuration (calipers and pads).

Front rotor wt:
2r47%20front%20wt.JPG
2r47_clear-19.JPG

Clear OE 19" wheel:
2r47_clear-barrel.JPG

This 390/390 kit can be shipped NEXT week. One seat still available for pre-order purchase with a $500 deduct. (Code code "DED-500")

Last edited:
Reactions: FlatSix911
What I am afraid Tesla is going to do is make their $20k kit a requirement for unlocking the top speed of 200mph.
Those of us who bought the 200mph car before the wording change will not stand for that.
Tesla will also likely require the full track package including the new Zero-G wheels and tires.

Tesla will also likely require the full track package including the new Zero-G wheels and tires.

They might do that also. It should not matter to those of us that purchased prior to the wording change. As far as I am concerned it is Tesla's responsibility to make our cars match what they advertised and sold to us. I'm happy to wait and see what they do but my expectations will likely stay the same.

Considering one of these ZR1 rotor retrofit kits?
  • Highly affordable.
  • Applications are certified w/warranty.
  • Designed and built by a professional brake company specialized in CCM rotor kits.
  • Easy installation (Bolt on except dust shield mod.)
  • Improve performance and handling
  • Low maintenance.