TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

The ultimate fate of Jerome Guillen...

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by AmpedRealtor, Feb 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Well-Known Member

I just found this article from last year, sorry if this is old news... Apparently our favorite former VP of Sales & Service, Jerome Guillen, is heavily involved with the Tesla Semi team. He's apparently still at Tesla working his magic. Now that Jon McNeil bit the dust, I wish they would bring Jerome back to sales & service. I miss him!

The Curious Case of Jerome Guillen, Tesla Semi Trucks, & Nikola One | CleanTechnica

2. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

#2 SMAlset, Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    Yes, he's still with Tesla. People might remember he introduced Elon at the Semi/Roaster reveal this past fall. As an engineer of truck designs in the past I think the Semi project is a better fit for him and doubt he would want to go back to his previous position in Sale and Service. Don't think he quit the firm before just took a leave of absence before the Semi project got underway.

3. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

Jerome's actually VP of product development or something like that. I have absolutely zero doubt that the reason he came back to Tesla was that he got to play with trucks. It's his background.

• Like x 1
  4. Troy

Troy Active Member

Jerome is the head of the semi-program. The semi program was created for Jerome. He made the opening remarks during the semi event (watch here) and there was a presentation in Europe (watch here and listen here).

• Like x 1
  5. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Jerome came back to run the semi program - and was in stage at the semi event. I talked to him about it at the Model 3 reveal. Elon acknowledged him at the semi event as the man behind it all.

Doubtful he’ll switch gears. He’s deep in the semi side of things. If he jumped over then they’d have to backfill for that job.

6. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone! I didn't realize he was at the semi event. I'm so happy that he is still with Tesla and that the reasons behind his departure from sales/service wasn't as nefarious as originally thought. :) Yay!

7. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

He can't in the switch gears in the Tesla semi. :p

• Funny x 1
  8. P85Dave

P85Dave Member

Leave the poor guy alone :) I be the loves his current job running the Semi program.

A few months of dealing with Tesla customers and he'll be in an asylum trying to recover...

9. simonog

simonog Member

He’s responsible for the Semi and for Model 3. We are very lucky to have his experience and judgement keeping the show running.

• Like x 1