Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The ultimate fate of Jerome Guillen...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AmpedRealtor

Jun 30, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I just found this article from last year, sorry if this is old news... Apparently our favorite former VP of Sales & Service, Jerome Guillen, is heavily involved with the Tesla Semi team. He's apparently still at Tesla working his magic. Now that Jon McNeil bit the dust, I wish they would bring Jerome back to sales & service. I miss him!

The Curious Case of Jerome Guillen, Tesla Semi Trucks, & Nikola One | CleanTechnica

Yes, he's still with Tesla. People might remember he introduced Elon at the Semi/Roaster reveal this past fall. As an engineer of truck designs in the past I think the Semi project is a better fit for him and doubt he would want to go back to his previous position in Sale and Service. Don't think he quit the firm before just took a leave of absence before the Semi project got underway.

Last edited:
I just found this article from last year, sorry if this is old news... Apparently our favorite former VP of Sales & Service, Jerome Guillen, is heavily involved with the Tesla Semi team. He's apparently still at Tesla working his magic. Now that Jon McNeil bit the dust, I wish they would bring Jerome back to sales & service. I miss him!

The Curious Case of Jerome Guillen, Tesla Semi Trucks, & Nikola One | CleanTechnica

Jerome's actually VP of product development or something like that. I have absolutely zero doubt that the reason he came back to Tesla was that he got to play with trucks. It's his background.

Reactions: bonnie
Jerome came back to run the semi program - and was in stage at the semi event. I talked to him about it at the Model 3 reveal. Elon acknowledged him at the semi event as the man behind it all.

Doubtful he’ll switch gears. He’s deep in the semi side of things. If he jumped over then they’d have to backfill for that job.

Jerome came back to run the semi program - and was in stage at the semi event. I talked to him about it at the Model 3 reveal. Elon acknowledged him at the semi event as the man behind it all.

Doubtful he’ll switch gears. He’s deep in the semi side of things. If he jumped over then they’d have to backfill for that job.

He can't in the switch gears in the Tesla semi. :p

• Funny
Reactions: Dr. J

Leave the poor guy alone :) I be the loves his current job running the Semi program.

A few months of dealing with Tesla customers and he'll be in an asylum trying to recover...

Jerome is awesome and now leads Tesla, it's about time they put a gay guy to run the show. Now Tesla will be epic just like Apple. He's a great guy and an awesome neighbor.

Not necessary to state his sexual orientation. Geeze. His getting the position and being able to execute has nothing to do with that. Poor taste on your part.

Guillen was responsible for Tesla Model S ramp, if he will manage Tesla service like he did then Tesla will be unstoppable. Servicing is ultimate bottleneck for any fast growing hardware company and he is the best candidate for this job.

Reactions: S4WRXTTCS
Has Tesla ever had someone with the title of President before? There are plenty of Vice Presidents of course, but this is the first President I'm aware of. Have there been others before?

If Jerome is the first, that seems significant. Gwynne Shotwell's title at SpaceX is President and COO, so it makes me think Jerome's role could be one of similar responsibility, power, and trust from Elon. People have been saying that Tesla needs a Gwynne, and maybe Jerome is it.

P.S. As a queer person, I am always looking for prominent LGBTQ people in technology, comedy, etc. It is important to have representation, especially in areas I enjoy and care about. LGBTQ people are often an invisible minority, meaning you don't know they are LGBTQ until they mention it, or someone else does. It's obvious that Sundar Pichai is a person of colour, but not obvious that Sam Altman is gay. So, I would actually really appreciate knowing if any high-level people at Tesla are queer!

That said, I Googled "Jerome Guillen gay" and the first result was this thread. It also looked like the only relevant one. So I'm not sure where this information is coming from. Might be BS?

Oh, and obviously, being gay doesn't make you magically good at your job. It just means you can breathe underwater and detect cursed items.

At the Model 3 deliveries event last July, before Elon came on stage there was a segment where a male design lead and a male engineering lead were talking, and one of them made a winky in-joke about the "close integration" of design and engineering at Tesla. The audience of Tesla employees laughed. If there is a gay power couple running Tesla I neeeeeeed to know.