Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Unofficial Aftermarket Air Suspension Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The look kind of reminds me of an extremely skinny kid that wears XL shirts. Do people do this for the look or comfort?

LOL, yeah if the wheels aren't really wide they look really sunk in when you air out. A good air suspension setup will ride better than stock for sure, but most people do it for looks.

Has anyone come across any other kits for preorder?

Nope. I reached out to Airlift a LONG time ago and they said they had no desire to develop a kit for the M3, don't know if they have since changed their mind.

The owner of Universal Air owns a RWD M3 and he bagged it. I don't know if he plans to make it a kit or even make a kit for the AWD model.

LOL, yeah if the wheels aren't really wide they look really sunk in when you air out. A good air suspension setup will ride better than stock for sure, but most people do it for looks.

....I don't know if he plans to make it a kit or even make a kit for the AWD model.

From the looks of, it all the kits should be made for AWD and would be “downward compatible” with RWD. Just have an unnecessarily shorter shock body and longer fork.

Put on some 19x9.5 +30 square yesterday, check out my ig @2low4ev for more pics
20181215_164615.jpg

I tried contacting Airtekk too, never got a response from email. I made a comment on their instagram to "answer their emails" and got an immediate response. That person said they were working on an AWD. But, their website has remained with "3 months pre order" for the past 2 months now... so I'm personally not too confident.

I contacted Airlift, and they (as of today) said they have no plans to make a kit for the model 3.

I also contacted Universal Air and they confirmed a kit for the RWD, but the person told me someone would have to call me back as I have an AWD. Still waiting to hear back on that one.

I'm def planning to go with height sensors as my wife needs to be able to drive it. So at the very least, i know i'll be going with accuair e-level, or airlift's 3p+3h system.

DNA.... love the new wheels man!

Reactions: DNAPoPo
can lines/connectors still be plugged in with the Endo? I'm eye'ing the same but was concerned it won't fit.

I'm going the air route as well! I currently have my tank and air management selected. DNAPoPo, do you know if air runner is making a kit for the dual motor version of the car? Also, how much adjustability do the stock components have? On my bagged subaru I had to buy a couple aftermarket pieces to get a good alignment at my drive height.

Here's a mock fitting of the Endo CVT tank that I will be using:

XfVcmeo.jpg

And here is was the fitting with my old subaru accuair eXo setup:

eg7MxpD.jpg

You can use Endo CVT, you will most likely use accuair management to control, or you can use CT tank and use airlift management to control. The hardest part of getting things together is finding the struts to go with our cars since they are so new... The awd is a bit harder since the front struts are slightly different than the rwd version.

I tried contacting Airtekk too, never got a response from email. I made a comment on their instagram to "answer their emails" and got an immediate response. That person said they were working on an AWD. But, their website has remained with "3 months pre order" for the past 2 months now... so I'm personally not too confident.

I contacted Airlift, and they (as of today) said they have no plans to make a kit for the model 3.

I also contacted Universal Air and they confirmed a kit for the RWD, but the person told me someone would have to call me back as I have an AWD. Still waiting to hear back on that one.

I'm def planning to go with height sensors as my wife needs to be able to drive it. So at the very least, i know i'll be going with accuair e-level, or airlift's 3p+3h system.

DNA.... love the new wheels man!
can lines/connectors still be plugged in with the Endo? I'm eye'ing the same but was concerned it won't fit.

It's looking like i'll be going with Universal Air's Solution Series (bag & coilover setup). Spoke with Zack and they just need to see what the front AWD strut looks like (which I'll be providing) to make the AWD kit. Which will look something like this:
11-S-BMW-3SeriesF30-1217-2T.jpg

Also going with the Endo-CVT and Accuair e-level system as Universal Air already have sensor brackets for the model 3 to make the sensor install a bolt-on affair.

At first I wasn't sure about spending on the Endo-CVT setup, but after recalling what I went through with my first air install... I'd be glad to spend extra on this all-in-one contained unit. Should make install alot easier.

Since I actually tow w/ my 3 (trailers, bike rack, hitch box) I’m looking to do some sort of air setup on the rear.

About to lower w/ UP moderate springs and worried the rear may sag a bit w/ trailer.

Considered those “helper bags” that SUVs/Vans use that go inside the coil but unsure what a proper size would be.