Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Unofficial Aftermarket Air Suspension Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is that where you're going to mount your pump?
Just checking for available space. I would put it there but it would be too loud. There’s enough room behind the passenger fog light, so I’ll put it there so it’s farther from the cabin. Acuallty going to start on that bracket tomorrow. The manifold will go there though, and the relays next to the oem relay on the wheel well behind the Frunk liner.

C20E4704-DB77-47CB-B539-6D87D7EE89C9.jpeg

Side by side rear.

1988B76A-9F8A-4EE0-AFEE-9F8BC9EDB8A0.jpeg

Direct bolt on my arse, this is the second mod I’ve had to do to get them bolted in. You’ll need to double up on the washer below the hat. I didn’t have one thick enough so I used 2 thinner ones.
57EC0A2B-6764-41D0-BA84-23B9FBE45027.jpeg

Last edited:
Im thinking about going with an air setup over a conventional coilover set up since my coils have been on back order since January... I dont see any options for the AWD kit on Bagriders website, does anyone know if they are coming out with anything? Or any alternative options aside from Airtekk's since they look like a royal pain to install?

Im thinking about going with an air setup over a conventional coilover set up since my coils have been on back order since January... I dont see any options for the AWD kit on Bagriders website, does anyone know if they are coming out with anything? Or any alternative options aside from Airtekk's since they look like a royal pain to install?
The only kit I know of for AWD on the market is the airtekk one. They are fixing the front struts being too long. So that problem will be solved for future buyers. And the rear needs the washers under the hat and the bolts pressed out. Not a big enough deal to not go with them IMO.

Is the accuair E level kit worth the price difference compared to the Airlift performance 3H kit? Ive literally always had coils in my old cars so I'm really new to the air scene. After your recommendation I'm looking at the Airtekk AWD kit paired with the Airlift performance 3H management kit. Any input or is there somewhere I can do a little more research you would recommend?

Is the accuair E level kit worth the price difference compared to the Airlift performance 3H kit? Ive literally always had coils in my old cars so I'm really new to the air scene. After your recommendation I'm looking at the Airtekk AWD kit paired with the Airlift performance 3H management kit. Any input or is there somewhere I can do a little more research you would recommend?
The 3H or 3P setups are awesome imo. Depending on how much you want to spend and the extra work of the height sensors.

View attachment 396294
Side by side rear.

View attachment 396310

Direct bolt on my arse, this is the second mod I’ve had to do to get them bolted in. You’ll need to double up on the washer below the hat. I didn’t have one thick enough so I used 2 thinner ones.
View attachment 396309

Have you get it running yet ? Really want to get this setup but just not sure how it rides with bagover setup rather than bag and struts being separate in the rear. ( No aggressive driving, just comfort and noise feedback if possible)

Here’s the bracket I decided to do. An old piece of scrap I had. Going to add reinforcement before it’s final. Mounted to crumple support.

3A086FA4-4621-4204-BFA3-93F0C9A0EA7E.jpeg

3E0901C5-E08B-4EDB-92F3-00B6348DE65C.jpeg

E2303DDB-637E-491A-B342-6FC475E2A520.jpeg

F5118C12-0172-4550-A331-07B75C321899.jpeg

5AA24B3B-3989-48AF-8AC6-1383E24E228A.jpeg

755706A4-3A49-491F-91DB-266C42F35709.jpeg

Have you get it running yet ? Really want to get this setup but just not sure how it rides with bagover setup rather than bag and struts being separate in the rear. ( No aggressive driving, just comfort and noise feedback if possible)
It’s going to be a little while, I need my new shorter fronts sent to me. I’m working on the rest while I wait.

Reactions: tracksyde
Here’s the bracket I decided to do. An old piece of scrap I had. Going to add reinforcement before it’s final. Mounted to crumple support.

View attachment 396858

View attachment 396860
View attachment 396859

View attachment 396861

View attachment 396862

View attachment 396863

It’s going to be a little while, I need my new shorter fronts sent to me. I’m working on the rest while I wait.

That's a nice bracket! I would recommend putting some rubber washers or something between it and the mounting point to reduce noise even more. Also, make sure to change/clean that filter often. I'm pretty sure that's how I messed up two of my pumps on my subaru from dirt getting in them.

• Helpful
Reactions: tracksyde
It's looking like i'll be going with Universal Air's Solution Series (bag & coilover setup). Spoke with Zack and they just need to see what the front AWD strut looks like (which I'll be providing) to make the AWD kit. Which will look something like this:
11-S-BMW-3SeriesF30-1217-2T.jpg

Also going with the Endo-CVT and Accuair e-level system as Universal Air already have sensor brackets for the model 3 to make the sensor install a bolt-on affair.

At first I wasn't sure about spending on the Endo-CVT setup, but after recalling what I went through with my first air install... I'd be glad to spend extra on this all-in-one contained unit. Should make install alot easier.
Have you started your install yet?