Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Unofficial Aftermarket Air Suspension Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Take pics
How are you controlling yours? I have a v2 airlift setup I’m using for my management (from an older project that never happened). Most likely going to put it in place of the left phone dock, still thinking about my options.

Also thinking of doing something a little out there and repurposing the rear window switches in the drivers door to control the 4 common functions. If I do that then I’ll have the control panel in the door pocket for when I need more buttons and the screen.

How are you controlling yours? I have a v2 airlift setup I’m using for my management (from an older project that never happened). Most likely going to put it in place of the left phone dock, still thinking about my options.

Also thinking of doing something a little out there and repurposing the rear window switches in the drivers door to control the 4 common functions. If I do that then I’ll have the control panel in the door pocket for when I need more buttons and the screen.
I'm using the airlift 3p management

Airlift 4 gallon tank barely fits in the back with fittings installed.

AAAD6552-44A4-4F09-A3AF-468EAE707356.jpeg

That would be a good use for that space under the frunk for those of us with RWD.

I wonder how hard it would be to replace all the parts in the LRM3 once Tesla adds their own air suspension system to new cars. Would be nice to have a system that I can control from the display and my Tesla App.

-Randy

Last edited:
I just put one of my front struts on (AWD) and I would need 21” to have it tuck any rim at all. A little disappointed honesty. They made the shock body WAY longer than it needs to be.
B15AA794-F5AA-419D-B86A-5CE4ED15B617.jpeg

This is how low I have to thread it to be the same as oem and I can’t even install it this low because it hits the axle (I had to raise it up 1/2”). Installed and bottomed out I still have 3-5/8” of threads available. The only reason I can think they used such a long body was for the amount of travel but that’s kind of pointless as I’m not going to be driving around at oem ride height. I’d say it should be about 2” shorter.
F7EC7A74-8AA0-422E-89A8-7B19B119DE6F.jpeg

For all the people who ordered airtekk's bag system, you will have to remove the pressed in studs for the rear. A ball joint press, or a tie rod/pitman puller will also work. Thanks to @itskv for the info.

Your local autozone has it.

Are you AWD or RWD?

My 4 gal tank is a bit more stubby lol

What’s your fender to rim distance on the 19” aired out?

Last edited:
I just put one of my front struts on (AWD) and I would need 21” to have it tuck any rim at all. A little disappointed honesty. They made the shock body WAY longer than it needs to be.
View attachment 395968

This is how low I have to thread it to be the same as oem and I can’t even install it this low because it hits the axle (I had to raise it up 1/2”). Installed and bottomed out I still have 3-5/8” of threads available. The only reason I can think they used such a long body was for the amount of travel but that’s kind of pointless as I’m not going to be driving around at oem ride height. I’d say it should be about 2” shorter.
View attachment 395967

Are you AWD or RWD?

I'm completely tucked, so as far as height distance goes, I'm past fender, if I want to run lip to fender, I need a more aggressive offset and stretch a thinner tire, but I probably would not be able to come as close to the ground as I do now

View attachment 395968

View attachment 395967

Are you AWD or RWD?

I'm AWD.

Yeah that height is very very disappointing. The front struts are probably the same ones they used for the RWD system.

I'm AWD.

Yeah that height is very very disappointing. The front struts are probably the same ones they used for the RWD system.
That’s what I’m thinking. I’m going to get ahold of them tomorrow and ask about a shorter one. It feels like they rushed the kit out the door and never put one in a car to see how it sits. The rear pressed bolts being another indicator.

Btw, anyone else have chipped paint out of the box as seen in my pic?

For all the people who ordered airtekk's bag system, you will have to remove the pressed in studs for the rear. A ball joint press, or a tie rod/pitman puller will also work. Thanks to @itskv for the info.

Your local autozone has it.

bBC5t3L.jpg

Just picked up autozone tool 27276. Thanks for the suggestion @itskv.

Other than me and @Juic, who else has the airtekk AWD kit?

Last edited:
How much clearance do you have with that tank on the sides? Does it allow the feet to sit all the way on the floor without spacers?

I forget how I had it in that pictures, but you will need to make a spacer.

I went with a 3cm tall spacer made out of wood. It measures about 26" x 6".

GANDrL9.jpg

I'm going to put the carpet over that, then mount the CVT feet over that, so when it's installed it looks like this:

npejcos.jpg

The sides don't have a lot of clearance, and I'm guessing I'll have to drill a hole on each side to run the air lines and wires. I plan to mount all the computer stuff somewhere hidden, probably on the backside of the frunk.