Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Unofficial Aftermarket Air Suspension Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20191019_115400.jpg

Hi All.

I was looking into adding Airtekk to my model 3, though I’m very new to bagging cars.

it looks like the Endo-cvt tanks with the motors inside can fit in the frunk. Do most people install 2 tanks? Can you hear them from the driver’s seat?

I’ve seen one person put a tank in the sub-trunk. Do 2 of those CVT tanks fit there? Are they any less audible in the sub trunk?

What do the different Airtekk product stages offer (looks like it goes up to 5) and which one do most people get?

Also, do you usually get power from VCLeft? I already power an electric lift gate there. The installer I talked with didn’t sound aware of Tesla’s issues with tapping the 12v directly and thought he’d be basically using the main Tesla battery (he’s bagged a couple of Teslas already, but I was a little worried about what he didn’t seem to know about the model 3’s power issues).

thanks!

Hi All.

I was looking into adding Airtekk to my model 3, though I’m very new to bagging cars.

it looks like the Endo-cvt tanks with the motors inside can fit in the frunk. Do most people install 2 tanks? Can you hear them from the driver’s seat?

I’ve seen one person put a tank in the sub-trunk. Do 2 of those CVT tanks fit there? Are they any less audible in the sub trunk?

What do the different Airtekk product stages offer (looks like it goes up to 5) and which one do most people get?

Also, do you usually get power from VCLeft? I already power an electric lift gate there. The installer I talked with didn’t sound aware of Tesla’s issues with tapping the 12v directly and thought he’d be basically using the main Tesla battery (he’s bagged a couple of Teslas already, but I was a little worried about what he didn’t seem to know about the model 3’s power issues).

thanks!

There are other companies that developed kits for the 3, not just Airtekk. I would consider the other brands first - AirForce/AirDemand, AirRunner, Universal Air Suspension.

The CVT or CT system is very quiet and not at all audible within the cabin with music. Without music, you would need to listen very carefully to notice the system on. The compressors will only trigger when the pressure is low and will only run for less than 2mins if the system is already pressurized. Most people have done a single 5 gal tank.

Hi All.

thanks!
You want vc-left for your switched 12v, the air suspension system pulls less than 3amps from there. You can tap that along with your current setup, it will be fine.

• Informative
Reactions: ftlum
There are other companies that developed kits for the 3, not just Airtekk. I would consider the other brands first - AirForce/AirDemand, AirRunner, Universal Air Suspension.

The CVT or CT system is very quiet and not at all audible within the cabin with music. Without music, you would need to listen very carefully to notice the system on. The compressors will only trigger when the pressure is low and will only run for less than 2mins if the system is already pressurized. Most people have done a single 5 gal tank.

Thanks! Will the Endo CVT tank fit in the sub-trunk?

Also, how is the reliability of aftermarket air suspension these days? I keep reading about systems breaking down or people having problems with leaks. I imagine that some brands are better than others with this respect too.

Thanks! Will the Endo CVT tank fit in the sub-trunk?

Also, how is the reliability of aftermarket air suspension these days? I keep reading about systems breaking down or people having problems with leaks. I imagine that some brands are better than others with this respect too.
Most of us have the 5 gallon tank in the frunk, it’s a tight squeeze there. The tank is about 30” across, then you have the connections on the end caps to add to that.

• Informative
Reactions: ftlum
SMART SUMMON question! I know management systems like Accuair e-Level will auto “air-up” if you attempt to drive with it completely aired-out. If initiating smart summon whilst car is aired-out, will these systems auto “air-up” in the same way an ICE car would?

SMART SUMMON question! I know management systems like Accuair e-Level will auto “air-up” if you attempt to drive with it completely aired-out. If initiating smart summon whilst car is aired-out, will these systems auto “air-up” in the same way an ICE car would?

I haven't tried it. But in theory it should work if your car is asleep. Both accuair and airlift have options to raise the car when it is "turned on". So if the car is air downed, and "goes to sleep", then the car should air up when it "wakes up" for the smart summon. This is of course if you are using a proper switched 12v.

Also, I have a question.

I know most people are using 3P or 3H setup and no doubt they are the best route, but unlike most, I ain't got much to spend but car is life (kids and mortgage) I am trying to keep the cost low.

I am thinking to go with the 3S as it is much cheaper, which also means I am not getting some useful features. I am trying to justify if some of these features are needed rather than just good to have.

I am fine with:

- Using just the app to control, but wouldn't mind adding a V2 controller for ~$230 I think, just in case if the app has an issue connecting.

- 3 preset rather than 5, all I really need is parked height (air out), driving height and air up height for bumps.

I am not sure about: (also where my questions are)

- Height/Pressure, I guess this means I set my own pressure and the management will not monitor anything to adjust for any situation like if I have more people in the car or uneven pavement? kind of like a traditional Coilover setup? which is fixed height?

-Anti-Cross loading, what exactly is this? like a check valve to prevent pressure from getting into the wrong line resulting in wrong height adjustment?

-Line size, what's a good line size/tank size combo for our cars?

Thanks in advance.

upload_2020-2-13_10-8-25.png

Also, I have a question.

I know most people are using 3P or 3H setup and no doubt they are the best route, but unlike most, I ain't got much to spend but car is life (kids and mortgage) I am trying to keep the cost low.

I am thinking to go with the 3S as it is much cheaper, which also means I am not getting some useful features. I am trying to justify if some of these features are needed rather than just good to have.

I am fine with:

- Using just the app to control, but wouldn't mind adding a V2 controller for ~$230 I think, just in case if the app has an issue connecting.

- 3 preset rather than 5, all I really need is parked height (air out), driving height and air up height for bumps.

I am not sure about: (also where my questions are)

- Height/Pressure, I guess this means I set my own pressure and the management will not monitor anything to adjust for any situation like if I have more people in the car or uneven pavement? kind of like a traditional Coilover setup? which is fixed height?

-Anti-Cross loading, what exactly is this? like a check valve to prevent pressure from getting into the wrong line resulting in wrong height adjustment?

-Line size, what's a good line size/tank size combo for our cars?

Thanks in advance.

View attachment 510809

Which air suspension are you getting?

UAS is the one that is available but how much is AirDemand, custom made?
Airtekk sucks from what I heard from installed owners, took them out and went with UAS

Which management system did you go with? I’m deciding if I want to go with accuair and the endo tank or just do a regular tank. I’m wondering if the cvt is worth the extra couple of hundred.