Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Unofficial Aftermarket Air Suspension Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Couple hours here and there, I really took my time with wiring, routing, layout and hardlines. I also scraped a couple of frunk layouts using a false floor. My tap to the factory harness under the center console looks OEM. I also added the usb port to the center cubbie. Also all my wires are shortened appropriately. Above what most shop will and can do. I'd say about 30 hours of labor total. The bag install was the easy part. I think I uninstalled the bags, lines, wires, and everything else in 4 hours. I estimate a normal install to take 5-6 hours if you've done it before and dont care about tidyness. I'll find out this weekend as I got my car back today. So everything is going back in.

View attachment 586907

View attachment 586904

Thanks man, that looks super clean and I would likely want a similar setup. I didn't get a chance to go through the entire thread, but I do know that people running an air management system ran into battery problems because the components are still drawing from the battery and eventually the battery dies. Not sure if you'll into that same issue, but just a heads up!

Thanks man, that looks super clean and I would likely want a similar setup. I didn't get a chance to go through the entire thread, but I do know that people running an air management system ran into battery problems because the components are still drawing from the battery and eventually the battery dies. Not sure if you'll into that same issue, but just a heads up!
Shouldn't be an issue if your wired up properly and don't use "show mode" . The management is only on when the car is on (when the 12v penthouse is powering the car and battery). Unless your using show mode on the airlift systems that keeps the system on when the car is off.

I’ve been subscribed to this thread for a while now and in the market to buy a kit soon. Currently consider Universal Air kit with Air Lift Performance 3H. The thing I’m worried about is fumbling with controls to raise/lower when entering/exiting the freeway. Is there a way to auto adjust height based on MPH? X and S have this but I haven’t seen an aftermarket management system that can do this.

I’ve been subscribed to this thread for a while now and in the market to buy a kit soon. Currently consider Universal Air kit with Air Lift Performance 3H. The thing I’m worried about is fumbling with controls to raise/lower when entering/exiting the freeway. Is there a way to auto adjust height based on MPH? X and S have this but I haven’t seen an aftermarket management system that can do this.

why would you need to raise/lower when entering/exiting the freeway. if you think its going to change your wh/mi, you will have better luck with lighter wheels or aero wheel caps

why would you need to raise/lower when entering/exiting the freeway. if you think its going to change your wh/mi, you will have better luck with lighter wheels or aero wheel caps

Tesla has this feature integrated in the S and X. Drag coefficient is large efficiency factor for longer drives. I want lowered height for better aero dynamics at highway speeds and stock height for around town to handle speed bumps and drive ways. Many of the reviews I’ve seen require you to manually adjust through the app but I want a set it and forget it solution.

Tesla has this feature integrated in the S and X. Drag coefficient is large efficiency factor for longer drives. I want lowered height for better aero dynamics at highway speeds and stock height for around town to handle speed bumps and drive ways. Many of the reviews I’ve seen require you to manually adjust through the app but I want a set it and forget it solution.

Aftermarket Air suspension probably inst for you. You can raise and lower with preset button on the controller but accuracy isn't the best while moving. These are not full integrated systems so they do not have gps or any vehicle integration features.

Intended uses are breaking necks at car meets, and clearing the occasional drive way. Most set our default ride height at something that can clear most day to day obstacles and don't touch the controller at all unless hard parking.

• Informative
Reactions: Thibbi

To my knowledge that doesn't exist yet. But on the other hand there should be no fumbling around. V2 3h and 3p and probably most others all have preset buttons. Long as you remember say button 1 is say exit mode and 2 is eway mode your set. In my many years of bagged cars and vans I haven't ran into a issue as such.

What is everyone's combo of choice? Sounds like for management it's AirLift, but what about struts and bags?
Really depends on budget? But for air a good rule of thumb is spend as much as you can as it directly reflects quality and features.

Managment
Airlift 3P with compressor and tank $1600
add height sensors Airlift 3H +$400
add 2nd compressors and harness +$250

Bags / Struts
Airtekk $1400
Air Demand $1700
Universal Air Suspension $2500

Hey guys and gals. I’m new to air suspensions. Is this everything I would need?

Attachments

• 303AF356-294D-4E18-92EC-176DA207ED07.png
    303AF356-294D-4E18-92EC-176DA207ED07.png
    974.5 KB · Views: 262