Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Unofficial Aftermarket Air Suspension Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went with what's supposed to be the top of the line struts, universal air , sleeves up front and separate bags out back.. way better. But still feel they need a little bit more fine tuning.. this is where you'll have to drive it and adjust a little at a time. But yes definitely smoother

I wouldn't say they ride like hell but, I did get better ones

Agreed, not horrible but I wanted something smoother.

I have to ask now. Where did you get better ones? Bellows or sleeve? Size, etc. Because I have to say, the Airtekk ones ride like hell even with 3-gal ping tanks attached to each rear strut.

Ping tanks won't help because it's not the bag portion that gives the rougher ride, it's the shock they use. Airtekk is the cheapest for a reason.

I went with full UAS setup and the ride is much smoother.

• Helpful
Reactions: towndrunk

Ping tanks won't help because it's not the bag portion that gives the rougher ride, it's the shock they use. Airtekk is the cheapest for a reason.

I went with full UAS setup and the ride is much smhanksoother.

T

I went with full UAS setup and the ride is much smoother.

When I first installed air on my ride Universal hadn't outfitted the Model S yet. I'll give them a shot next.

Just put my deposit in with a shop for my first Air system, on a 3H/ UAS set up
they have done two Tesla installs, after reading in here about the 12v battery connection,
where does the Air connect to the 12v and/or anything extra needed?

and we are using three 2gal tanks
Is this ok for the CFM/PSI for the cars weight etc??

thanks

You can get power directly from the battery or under the back seat, 6gallons total should be more good enough, if you want faster pump up get the biggest compressors budget allows, I personally don't like hearing them run so the sooner they're done , the better.

they have done two Tesla installs, after reading in here about the 12v battery connection,

thanks
You can get power directly from the battery or under the back seat, 6gallons total should be more good enough, if you want faster pump up get the biggest compressors budget allows, I personally don't like hearing them run so the sooner they're done , the better.

Reactions: WattHP

thanks

They're using three 2 gallon tanks? That seems wasteful. Why not use one 5 gallon or two 3 gallon? Even a 3 gallon tank with a proper compressor(s) will be enough, unless you plan to air out and air up back to back a lot.

Agreed, the compressors are SOOOO loud. After going with Accuair's Endo CVT system, I can't imagine going back to the old way.

They're using three 2 gallon tanks? That seems wasteful. Why not use one 5 gallon or two 3 gallon? Even a 3 gallon tank with a proper compressor(s) will be enough, unless you plan to air out and air up back to back a lot.

Agreed, the compressors are SOOOO loud. After going with Accuair's Endo CVT system, I can't imagine going back to the old way.

With the “fruck” set up... the three tanks will simulate the model 3 /// Trying to be different then the same battery frunk

Set up is finished.... the install didn’t happen with the three tanks. It’s two tanks (1) square (1) round. Looks good and the horn sounds great

Attachments

• 2C310108-3035-418C-9743-48C5DD3337FF.png
    2C310108-3035-418C-9743-48C5DD3337FF.png
    727.8 KB · Views: 402
  • 3BB65D0E-B08D-459E-9795-23046B8FC036.jpeg
    3BB65D0E-B08D-459E-9795-23046B8FC036.jpeg
    850.3 KB · Views: 346
Hi guys, what is the preferred power source to air systems? 12V up the front or from the penthouse? Thanks!!
As seen on the first page of this thread, I have a dedicated battery in the footwell. I use the Tesla 12V battery to run an inverter for a charger used to keep the dedicated battery topped off. Everything I've installed on the car runs off the dedicated battery in the footwell... almost everything.

So I picked up an AirDemand kit for my model 3. After a couple of months one of the struts failed and no warranty on it, but they only wanted $60 for the repair kit, so I paid them on 7/5. They didnt bother shipping it until 7/11 even though I asked about express shipping as my car is undrivable and its my daily driver and then shipped it via surface from china. So I am not expected to even see it until the end of the month. Also once they had the money getting ahold of them became nearly impossible. I'd HIGHLY look elsewhere if you are considering an air suspension kit.

Reactions: P3James
Hey guys. I’ve been trying to find a good switch on signal for “rise on start”. I’ve spent hours researching with no luck. I pulled the rear bumper off, hoping the trailer plug would be my answer. Unfortunately that 12V is constant as well. I need something that powers ONLY when put into drive, including summon. A lot of the interior stuff only works when driver is sitting in seat (therefore doesn’t work in summon) or stays on with the car (like with sentry mode). Has anyone found any magic solutions for this? Thanks!

Hey guys. I’ve been trying to find a good switch on signal for “rise on start”. I’ve spent hours researching with no luck. I pulled the rear bumper off, hoping the trailer plug would be my answer. Unfortunately that 12V is constant as well. I need something that powers ONLY when put into drive, including summon. A lot of the interior stuff only works when driver is sitting in seat (therefore doesn’t work in summon) or stays on with the car (like with sentry mode). Has anyone found any magic solutions for this? Thanks!
Personally, I gave up and just put in a switch to control the 'rise on start'. Sucks that our cars never really 'start'... or actually, never really 'stop'. :)

Got two sets of bagged setup Signature ready to ship:

Fitment: Perfect tuck at air out.

20x9 (235/35/20)
20x10.5 (275/30/20)

Fitment example: Please see below: (No fender modification needed. Rear camber arm is recommended)

SV501 in Brushed Aluminum.

0712.JPG

SV104 in matte bronze
IMG_9440.jpg

51010443758_04d5944141_o.jpg
51011254632_87665b0e4d_o.jpg

51010443783_f8af486bf2_o (1).jpg

51010443878_6191b7204f_o (1).jpg

51008431437_7711965b1d_o (1).jpg

51008331286_690234922d_o (1).jpg

51008373282_71d92d1af0_o (1).jpg

Reactions: Ahhhz