Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Unofficial Aftermarket Air Suspension Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Started my air journey. Going sub trunk method bc lots of people have said it’s a lot quieter than frunk. I’m not a showy guy so it’s going somewhere I don’t use. 24” 4 gallon tank. Tank just placed to confirm fitment.
87DB89E7-E289-4B5E-927D-B491C8DA3296.jpeg

Reactions: Zecher and Ahhhz
Im definitely going to be pulling the trigger on air suspension for my 21 M3LR. I debated coilovers but I know I won't be happy until I have air which I can adjust as needed.

The obvious choice for management seems to be Airlift performance 3P or 3H but I'm still debating which suspension to go with. I was leaning towards airlift as well but I see a lot of people going with universal air and wanted to know what the big differences was. Does one have superior struts, are the bags better, one. more reputable, etc ? I don't have unlimited money to spend but I also don't want to cheap out on something like this, any help is greatly appreciated

Reactions: Hangerr
Im definitely going to be pulling the trigger on air suspension for my 21 M3LR. I debated coilovers but I know I won't be happy until I have air which I can adjust as needed.

The obvious choice for management seems to be Airlift performance 3P or 3H but I'm still debating which suspension to go with. I was leaning towards airlift as well but I see a lot of people going with universal air and wanted to know what the big differences was. Does one have superior struts, are the bags better, one. more reputable, etc ? I don't have unlimited money to spend but I also don't want to cheap out on something like this, any help is greatly appreciated
UAS seems to the the top tier brand and everyone I speak to said they’re the most comfortable. Not sure if you’re looking for comfort or sportiness but I’ve done my fair share of springs and coils. I got mine here as they were the only place that had them in stock and had the newest rear top hat and adjustment. Plug and play…nothing swapped from oem suspension

0F600486-E72F-47F8-B896-71DBB2988DF9.jpeg

Thanks for sharing your input !

My understanding was that sleeve types were more for light weight and light duty and the bellow type was for heavy applications (Tesla is heavy car but I’m sure they mean semi and such), and allows for more travel.

The advantage with sleeve is how narrow it is for right applications but based on the Tesla suspension design it wouldn’t be a factor.

I’m after a somewhat sportier feel and more comfortable than stock, with the ability to raise for driveways/parking lot. I know the feel has a lot to do with the dampers.

Would love to hear from some reviews from air lift owners!

Getns, I am having some significant rattling coming from the rear suspension. It started after about 1k miles after the suspension install. For sure coming from the rear wheel well area. These rubber bushing were not installed and I noticed on a video that someone stated that they should in order to prevent noise. What do you guys think?

20220418_110843.jpg
20220418_110920.jpg

Glad I found this thread! I’ll be new to “life on air” after my install May 9th!

I did have one question for those that have been on air for a while.

Are there any other upgrades that are recommended from experience? I’ve heard toe/rear camber (to reduce tire wear, alignment, ride, etc.) and End Links (tend break) upgrades are recommended as well. Being that my Model 3 RWD is a 2022, I’m going to ride out the stock cambers and end links but open to any feedback and/or other upgrades I should consider. Doing it right the first time is definitely my take on this decision!!!