Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The unofficial "when do I get my FSD beta update" FAQ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They let in thousands around the holidays then stopped. We can logically conclude:

1. They can't handle the telemetry and are upgrading their systems for more input
2. They are receiving enough telemetry and won't procced with more until called for
3. Regulator are spooking them and they are working through legal challenges
4. They have discovered a serious flaw and want to work through it before admitting more

I agree their communication is lacking, which may also be telling. If things were going very well, they would be telling the world about it, to help increase stock price and perception from buyers. Silence could mean one of the negatives above.

They let in thousands around the holidays then stopped. We can logically conclude:

1. They can't handle the telemetry and are upgrading their systems for more input
2. They are receiving enough telemetry and won't procced with more until called for
3. Regulator are spooking them and they are working through legal challenges
4. They have discovered a serious flaw and want to work through it before admitting more

I agree their communication is lacking, which may also be telling. If things were going very well, they would be telling the world about it, to help increase stock price and perception from buyers. Silence could mean one of the negatives above.
or they are waiting until v11. If the changes are as big as expected, why would they want data in the last couple weeks of 10.

This is much more likely. V11 will probably be released when Canadians are accepted to the beta with a wider rollout in the US as well.

Reactions: Rusty1 and Dewg
which should be in a week or two since “the button” just rolled out to Canada:

These are just my assumptions, but I think closer to a week. A week of scoring will
Make it just over 2 weeks since the last beta update. Beta updates were put on hold and thrown off their typical schedule due to US regulators, and I’d think that Tesla would want to get back on track with their updates. Lots of employees constantly working on changes. Changes that need to be tested in the real world. At least that’s where my head would be at in their situation.

I opted in 6 weeks ago and have driven 4800 miles since with a 99 score, never dropping below 98. I may be hopefully biased...

If my dates (Making Sense...) are correct it took from 09/25/21 (Ver. 2021.32.22; first presence of FSD Beta request button) until 10/11/21 (Ver. 2021.32.25; first firmware update to the public testers with FSD Beta)--i.e., ~16 days--for the first of the "worthy" (w/100% driving score) USA applicants to receive FSD Beta. (Might take more or less time in Canada.)

Reactions: Rusty1
Sorry about naive "help me" question, but have not been tracking this and by now there are SO MANY threads and posts.

I recall in early days of FSD Beta, there was conjecture that early (i.e. 2018) Model 3 cars might not get FSD without a camera upgrade. I did get a computer upgrade to my car when I purchased FSD, so I have that. I asked at local Tesla service center, and they said some S and X needed new cameras, but they were not aware of any issue with 3s. Anybody know better?

Dear wise ones...

I just took delivery of my 2022 MXLR and "enrolled" in FSD Beta. The button says that I'm in "Queue" but I don't see my safety score in the app. I've gone for several drives (1 of them well over 150 miles) and nothing. I've logged out of the app. Uninstalled the app. Downloaded the app (Android version 4.7xx) I went for the return home drive (well over 150 miles) and nothing still.

What am I doing wrong... Or, what am I missing?

Dear wise ones...

I just took delivery of my 2022 MXLR and "enrolled" in FSD Beta. The button says that I'm in "Queue" but I don't see my safety score in the app. I've gone for several drives (1 of them well over 150 miles) and nothing. I've logged out of the app. Uninstalled the app. Downloaded the app (Android version 4.7xx) I went for the return home drive (well over 150 miles) and nothing still.

i would suggest signing up on Teslafi and adding your car. You get a 2 week free trial without having to give any financial information or card info. It will show a thorough report on your safety score. I’m assuming that your score is being recorded and data populated, but the app isn’t cooperating. No harm in trying. Here’s mine for example

Attachments

• EC2E86F3-665B-4A83-B1A6-ED374683E40D.jpeg
    EC2E86F3-665B-4A83-B1A6-ED374683E40D.jpeg
    172.7 KB · Views: 107
Dear wise ones...

It takes maybe a day for safety score to show in the app. It’s not immediate unfortunately. It only counted the last of 3 drives from my first day in the queue.

i would suggest signing up on Teslafi and adding your car. You get a 2 week free trial without having to give any financial information or card info. It will show a thorough report on your safety score. I’m assuming that your score is being recorded and data populated, but the app isn’t cooperating. No harm in trying. Here’s mine for example
Will this get me into FSD beta? I'm concerned that because my safety score isn't showing up in the App, I'm not being considered for FSD beta.

We are ready to opt-in for FSD Beta, and have a question. We are currently on 2021.4.5.3, and the car is pestering us to update to 2022.8.2. Does updating to the latest non-beta version potentially block one from getting Beta?

I ask because it appears that Beta and Non-Beta releases are in different sequences. Right now, the last Beta release was 2022.4.5.15. If I updated to ...8.2, getting that beta would mean a backward update. (A "downdate"?) Do they do that? Or would the next Beta be higher than ...8.2?

Don't worry, I am aware that new beta driver adds are among the great known unknowns, and that many have been in the queue for ages, so patience and perfect score are prerequisites.

SW