Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The unofficial "when do I get my FSD beta update" FAQ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s so weird, I’ve been enrolled since Nov 30, I’ve driven over 550 miles, I have a 100 safety score, and NO FSD update.
11/30 was actually right around the last time they pushed out to new people who got 99/100. This is base off of people from here and myself. Since then, no 98 or new people have got it. Then 10.6 was pushed and paused. and yesterday 10.6.1 first wave and today 10.6.1 to the mass.

Okay so maybe any day now. Wow, exciting & finally! After I’m in, does safety score still matter (ive heard conflicting reports). It’s so nerve wracking to maintain 100.
i think most people here(if not all) are saying the score doesn’t matter once you get beta. The only thing that would get you kicked out of beta is the “streak outs”. But that’s a different topic.

I am maintaining 100 as well. My insurance premium has dropped since the scoring system, even though I am in Cali and supposedly score based insurance is only testing in Texas.

Reactions: tanner
That sucks. My only guess, and it’s truly a guess, is that they’re prioritizing rolling FSD beta out to geographic areas that don’t have as many testers right now. Good luck!
Thank you. I think others mentioned the rollout being paused right when I enrolled… now it seems rollout is continuing with 10.6.1? Who knows. Hopefully I’ll get it sometime this week.

Reactions: michaela0416
I am amazed at all these scores of 100. To me, it seems I can't score over a 98 driving to the end of my driveway. Yesterday for a red light I allowed the regen to brake to a stop from about 37 mph - lifted my foot completely off the accelerator - and got dinged for hard braking. Any turn or curve at a speed faster than a brisk walk is aggressive turning. Someone moves into your freeway lane at less than the assured clear distance ahead (which is most of the time, no?) and it's unsafe following. What's the secret to getting 100?

Reactions: israndy
I am amazed at all these scores of 100. To me, it seems I can't score over a 98 driving to the end of my driveway. Yesterday for a red light I allowed the regen to brake to a stop from about 37 mph - lifted my foot completely off the accelerator - and got dinged for hard braking. Any turn or curve at a speed faster than a brisk walk is aggressive turning. Someone moves into your freeway lane at less than the assured clear distance ahead (which is most of the time, no?) and it's unsafe following. What's the secret to getting 100?

Reboot after getting to your destination. The data will not get sent to Tesla, you'll lose the miles but it won't effect your score. Just me, I think everyone needs to do more "manual" driving and not use auto pilot. I was sitting at 98/99 for at least a month, then I thought about it, maybe auto pilot miles don't count. So drove a few days with no auto pilot and got beta FSD. Maybe having bought FSD with the car helps? No real proof but something to try while you wait...

Does that mean you can't use cruise control?
Autopilot miles are useful for…
  • reaching the 100-mile minimum for FSD Beta
  • increasing the mileage-weighted average of a good score day
  • decreasing forward collision warnings average rate (calculated per 1000 miles)
  • avoiding negative safety factor (e.g., turn on Autopilot if you see someone cutting in front of you to have it apply hard braking)
Driving with Autopilot does not help improve safety factors from the day as those times are excluded. Similarly, driving "too much" on Autopilot makes it so that if you did have a hard braking on a day, the "total time braking" is small as Autopilot handled most of your braking, but this also means it shouldn't be too hard to fix up your scoring factor on the same day by taking a short trip filled with a lot of soft braking.

Autopilot miles are useful for…
  • reaching the 100-mile minimum for FSD Beta
  • increasing the mileage-weighted average of a good score day
  • decreasing forward collision warnings average rate (calculated per 1000 miles)
  • avoiding negative safety factor (e.g., turn on Autopilot if you see someone cutting in front of you to have it apply hard braking)
Driving with Autopilot does not help improve safety factors from the day as those times are excluded. Similarly, driving "too much" on Autopilot makes it so that if you did have a hard braking on a day, the "total time braking" is small as Autopilot handled most of your braking, but this also means it shouldn't be too hard to fix up your scoring factor on the same day by taking a short trip filled with a lot of soft braking.

Yea I fixed one of my bad hard braking days, by just going down the street and slowly regen braking for 10 seconds at a time for 10 times. So if I had 10% bad braking (ie 1 second of hard braking over 10 seconds of total braking) that would bring it down to under 1% (ie 1 second of bad braking over 110 seconds).