Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The unofficial "when do I get my FSD beta update" FAQ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why did someone dislike this? It’s true. To get 100/100, I try to follow the old rule “1 second for every 10mph”.
The down thumb is a disagree, not a dislike. They may have disagreed because they do the same thing as I have done.... I live in a suburb area with not quite so much traffic. I don't have to purposely follow someone at a safe distance to get a better score for previous close following. I notice it just improved through regular trips when there is little traffic.

• Informative
Reactions: KrenGrl
To fix unsafe following score for the day, you need to follow someone safely for x amount of distances to get back to 100.
To fix hard braking, you need to be engaging brake.
To fix aggressive turning, find a safe spot and drive in circle.
To fix forward collision warning, start driving.
To fix forced autopilot disengagement, do a reset. (or just reset for everything unless you need the miles).

So if you get dinged in following, braking, and turning, and you go out for 1,000 mile drive without performing any of these 3 action, your score will not improve.

Reactions: K5TRX and israndy
I'm finding that this first claim above is not correct for me. All I did was to do more of my regular trips and after 3 days of the "close event", the score went back up. Did that 3 times since I have been using it.
Sorry, I was not clear, my statement is for fixing the score on the same day. To raise the overall score, yes you simply need to drive, it does not matter which category you got dinged as long as you are 100.

I am amazed at all these scores of 100. To me, it seems I can't score over a 98 driving to the end of my driveway. Yesterday for a red light I allowed the regen to brake to a stop from about 37 mph - lifted my foot completely off the accelerator - and got dinged for hard braking. Any turn or curve at a speed faster than a brisk walk is aggressive turning. Someone moves into your freeway lane at less than the assured clear distance ahead (which is most of the time, no?) and it's unsafe following. What's the secret to getting 100?
I was in your shoes too until I watched this video...
It really clarifies exactly what causes a ding towards your score. I get 100s on every drive now, it's actually pretty easy to do.

That’s so weird, I’ve been enrolled since Nov 30, I’ve driven over 550 miles, I have a 100 safety score, and NO FSD update.
Driven a bit further. Still 100/100. Still no update. In fact, my Model 3 is STILL on 32.22 with no update of ANY KIND. I’ve contacted support and service, they claim the car is “running the latest firmware,” which clearly it isn’t. I’ve given up hope. Clearly never getting FSD. Frustrated.

Yeah, it seems like us original Model 3s are not getting the love we once did. At the time I would watch Model S owners from 2014 complain that they were not getting the latest updates. I guess I should have seen this coming.

I read someone here suggesting opting out of the Beta to get updates, I tried it and it worked, I got 36.5.1 the next day. Then my friend who got his Model 3 the same day I did but hadn't opted out got it too, so I don't know why you are still on v32, but I feel your pain, reading all those people who are loving v44 is painful.

Just wait until the CCS adapter comes out and all those of us with early 3s are lining up at the SCtr to get the upgraded charge port controller card.

Yeah, it seems like us original Model 3s are not getting the love we once did. At the time I would watch Model S owners from 2014 complain that they were not getting the latest updates. I guess I should have seen this coming.

I read someone here suggesting opting out of the Beta to get updates, I tried it and it worked, I got 36.5.1 the next day. Then my friend who got his Model 3 the same day I did but hadn't opted out got it too, so I don't know why you are still on v32, but I feel your pain, reading all those people who are loving v44 is painful.

Just wait until the CCS adapter comes out and all those of us with early 3s are lining up at the SCtr to get the upgraded charge port controller card.
The weird part is that, for now at least (in North America), the primary computers in all 3/Y are identical.

I just suggested in another thread that we all gang up on Tesla (like we did for the Waypoints feature) and insist that they start releasing non-beta versions to the entire fleet at the same time and with the same version number even if that version downloads a different physical firmware update to different individual platforms so that we all get the same features (if our car supports the new feature) at the same time. Just like the way Apple does over the air updates

I just suggested in another thread that we all gang up on Tesla (like we did for the Waypoints feature) and insist that they start releasing non-beta versions to the entire fleet at the same time and with the same version number even if that version downloads a different physical firmware update to different individual platforms so that we all get the same features (if our car supports the new feature) at the same time. Just like the way Apple does over the air updates
I completely agree. It’s ridiculous that they can’t just be updated right when the new release drops. Apple has allowed that for all of their various model/device configurations for years. Why can’t Tesla?

I have a 99 score, but not only am I not getting the FSD beta, I haven't gotten any updates at all, since 36.5.1. I used to get them regularly every couple of weeks.

I have a new theory: I also have an active safety alert for a passenger side restraint system fault. My SC doesn't have the parts needed, so I've been sitting on this alert and on an open upcoming service appointment for weeks. Anybody know if they hold back updates (let alone FSD) for cars that have an active safety alert (or service appointment)?

I have a 99 score, but not only am I not getting the FSD beta, I haven't gotten any updates at all, since 36.5.1. I used to get them regularly every couple of weeks.

I have a new theory: I also have an active safety alert for a passenger side restraint system fault. My SC doesn't have the parts needed, so I've been sitting on this alert and on an open upcoming service appointment for weeks. Anybody know if they hold back updates (let alone FSD) for cars that have an active safety alert (or service appointment)?
I have had no updates since opting in on my September Build MS Plaid. Stuck on 2021.36.5.1 as well (since 10/26)
So here’s a Datapoint that contradicts your theory. Seems more likely that you get stuck once you opt in until you are excepted. FYI my score has been 100 for quite some time now.

Reactions: MAHahh
I have had no updates since opting in on my September Build MS Plaid. Stuck on 2021.36.5.1 as well (since 10/26)
So here’s a Datapoint that contradicts your theory. Seems more likely that you get stuck once you opt in until you are excepted. FYI my score has been 100 for quite some time now.
Hmm. I opted in as soon as the button was released (early Sept?). I had a 98 score for a while, so no FSD. But, I still got non-FSD updates for the next ~ 6 weeks, until 36.5.1. I've been working to keep a 99 score since October, but no updates of either type, now, or for the last several weeks. I guess I've just annoyed the monkey... :(

Just got it (2021.44.25.6) new FSD Beta inductee