Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The unofficial "when do I get my FSD beta update" FAQ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had reset my safety score (opted out and then back in about 12 hrs later) on Dec 2. I had maintained a score between 99 and 100. Was seriously about to opt out for good. Tesla pushed a software update on Weds (12/22) after no new updates since September so that was cool, but then on Xmas day got FSD 10.8. So glad to finally have access to this. It’s not perfect, but really impressive.

Hey Everyone, new on here... So I reset my Safety Score once I figured out how it worked. I have been sitting on 100 for 2 weeks and have driven 500 miles+ and I have received nothing... I figured I would get the FSD Beta on Christmas when everyone got the update... Should I be concerned?

I have 2017 S 90D
MCU2 Upgrade and all subscriptions..
Connected to Wifi every night (and most days over the past couple weeks)

Driving like this is making me crazy..

Has any one request FSD Beta and got it from $199/month FSD subscription?
Screenshot_20211229-224056_Tesla.jpg

I have the monthly sub as I don't plan on keeping my car after 3 years. I just got 2021.44.25.6 update after 1 week of getting on the beta queue (once again, I have reset it multiple times each time my score dropped to the 90s) on a 100 safety score. I previously had 2021.44.25.2 on Christmas.

I have not looked at the car yet, but I noticed the Safety Score no longer shows on my app. I also have not received an email from a Tesla about being enrolled. Will know for sure once I get in the car later today.

I just scanned Teslafi and Teslacope and it that appears today is a big FSD beta update rollout. The majority of updates are 2021.44.25.6 (FSD Beta) to cars with with various model configurations.

Weird that this mass FSD rollout is happening the same day news breaks on a mass safety recall. I don't see any documentation that ties the recall to any particular firmware either.

Update: Enrolled in FSD beta after 7 days with 100 SS and 150 miles driven. 95% of those miles were from manual driving (no FSD engaged). Mainly short drives with no single drive exceeding 30 miles.

Testing FSD beta now on mature busy city streets with endless road construction and professional jaywalking pedestrians.

• Funny
Reactions: israndy
Hey Everyone, new on here... So I reset my Safety Score once I figured out how it worked. I have been sitting on 100 for 2 weeks and have driven 500 miles+ and I have received nothing... I figured I would get the FSD Beta on Christmas when everyone got the update... Should I be concerned?

I have 2017 S 90D
MCU2 Upgrade and all subscriptions..
Connected to Wifi every night (and most days over the past couple weeks)

Driving like this is making me crazy..
Unless I overlooked it, I don't see where you say that you had the cameras upgraded or not. In 2017, cars earlier in the year have the old cameras and later in the year have the newer ones. If you don't have the newer RCCB cameras then this is one reason you are not getting FSD. Perhaps you know that?

What does the cabin camera actually analyze while FSD is engaged?

I can't seem to trigger any "keep your hands on the wheel" warnings while purposely driving with my knee at 5 O'Clock at the edge of the steering wheel. I figure the wheel detects some resistance from my knee, however, it's still not a suitable substitute for hands.