Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The unofficial "when do I get my FSD beta update" FAQ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you have a 2016/2017 S90D without RCCB camera retrofit? It looks like on January 9th, Tesla might have accidentally pushed out the update to vehicles still with RCCC cameras and then remotely turned off FSD Beta. You can check what cameras you have with TeslaCam and putting Colour test screen in front of your cameras.
So it turns out this is exactly right, and I am so pissed...

SO on Jan 9th I received the FSD update yeah! After driving like a granny for over a month and achieving a score of 100 I could drive my car again...

Realized I had the update but the functionality was not installed...

I received the above from Mardak so I texted with the service center who informed me I do need some camera and that they are on backorder and have no idea when they can get it...

Same day I get a software update from Tesla, so I installed it...

IT REVERSED OUT MY FSD UPDATE AND PUT ME BACK IN THE QUEUE!

Worse, Safety Score came back to my app, and it somehow retained my last few days of driving which knocked my score way down!!!

Now:

Will it be weeks or months before this camera is available?
Will Tesla proactively reach out to me to come get it now that I am not in the Beta anymore?
I assume I have to work to get my score back up and keep it back up for some indefinite amount of time with the hopes that I get the Beta AGAIN at some point...

Any thoughts would be appreciated and thank you all for the knowledge and support...

CR

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
I have a new 2022 MS LR and purchased FSD. I have had the car since 12/28 and now have about 280 miles with a 99 score. Should I expect to get the Beta when they roll out 10.9 soon?

With my 99 score, I am feeling I should just leave the car parked for a week to not risk dropping off of 99. But dont want to waste my time if its a month or more. .

I have a new 2022 MS LR and purchased FSD. I have had the car since 12/28 and now have about 280 miles with a 99 score. Should I expect to get the Beta when they roll out 10.9 soon?

With my 99 score, I am feeling I should just leave the car parked for a week to not risk dropping off of 99. But dont want to waste my time if its a month or more. .
I'm in a similar situation. Took delivery of my 2022 Model X Plaid about a week ago. Have ~400 miles on the odometer. Safety Score is at 99. Wondering if I'm going to qualify for access to FSD beta. Is there a minimum number of miles required at a given Safety Score to qualify for the download?

@BryWay the word on the street seems to be a min of 100 miles. I have seen others approved with a score of 98 or better. So fingers crossed. Also why I don’t want to risk dropping my score off of the current 99.
Thanks for the info! I've been driving so slowly I feel like I'm going to fall over sideways from lack of momentum haha! But the 100 mile info helps -- although I have close to 400 miles on my new Plaid, I only requested the beta 71 miles ago. Maybe I'll get up early tomorrow to do a ~30 mile highway drive on autopilot 👍🏼

I would recommend opting out, then back in, then start at 100 for at least a couple weeks.

I think 100 scores get first dibs over 99 and lower. You only need 100 miles at 100, no need to reach higher than that. So it you're at 99, drop out of the queue, wait for the safety score to disappear from your app, opt back in, wait for the safety score to show up again, then take a couple long drives to reach 100 miles. I would suggest doing those drives on FSD as you will not get dinged if the car makes the call to disengaged at any point.

Lastly, the soft reboot before going into park trick no longer works with any software version after the Holiday update.

• Helpful
I would recommend opting out, then back in, then start at 100 for at least a couple weeks.

I think 100 scores get first dibs over 99 and lower. You only need 100 miles at 100, no need to reach higher than that. So it you're at 99, drop out of the queue, wait for the safety score to disappear from your app, opt back in, wait for the safety score to show up again, then take a couple long drives to reach 100 miles. I would suggest doing those drives on FSD as you will not get dinged if the car makes the call to disengaged at any point.
I don’t know if I want to tackle it again from scratch. I saw the google doc in another post that showed several 98+ scores get it. 99 is the best I am going to get.

I don’t know if I want to tackle it again from scratch. I saw the google doc in another post that showed several 98+ scores get it. 99 is the best I am going to get.
What is your driving style like? I averaged 10 miles per day over 7 days and had one drive for 30 miles. The short drives allowed me to avoid hard breaking incidents and aggressive turns. I was able to maintain 100 easily. You may very well get enrolled with 99, but your chances of getting knocked down before that with one infraction between now and whenever, is that much riskier.

I had a few long trips (driving home from delivery center 150 miles) that got me a 100 score initially. But my normal drives are short. I did one yesterday and got dinged for turning. It is very sensitive so I think getting back to 100 would be hard. Will roll the dice for a week at 99 and see if 10.9 pushes to me. I am out of town for 4 days anyway to make that easier.

You all will probably get beta when 10.9 comes out (supposedly within the next few days). I had my 2022 M3P for less than 2 weeks with about 200 miles on the odometer and a 97 safety score and got beta on 10.8 release day. It seems like Tesla is only adding new beta users when they push out new updates now, but I could be wrong.

So I have a score of 100 over 1122 miles in a span of about a week (had to drive my son to college and back to rack up these miles).
But alas - still no beta for me.

Attachments

• B8183BA4-6288-442A-8870-4AA1BE9DD1AA.jpeg
    B8183BA4-6288-442A-8870-4AA1BE9DD1AA.jpeg
    161 KB · Views: 109
Little know fact, Tesla has a secret assholes list. If you really want an update or they just don't like you, you go on that list. Those folks either get updates last or not at all. Sad really.........

Who exactly disclosed this fact? I'm curious because some users have managed to get updates on the spot after escalating issues through the App service portal.

Lastly, the soft reboot before going into park trick no longer works with any software version after the Holiday update.
The soft reboot rick works perfectly for me. You just have to start the reboot as your getting to your parking space, and shift to park and get out before it fully reboots. ive used it twice in the last couple days.

• Helpful
Interesting. I canceled my FSD subscription. It expires on the 27 th of January. I turned off the FSD visualization and find the basic Auto pilot to be so much more comfortable. Fewer phantom braking episodes and it just seems smoother. Purly subjective.

Reactions: ContrarianDC