Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The unofficial "when do I get my FSD beta update" FAQ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used to be in the FSD beta but opted out in early January. I’m now on 2021.44.30.7 (non-FSD release). Over the weekend I requested the opt-in to see my safety score, as i was driving many highway miles and wanted to show a friend how it works.

How long does it usually take between opting in and having Safety Score show up in the app? Does it require another vehicle software update to start the score data gathering? It’s been 3 days now, and still no score in my app. Car screen still shows I’m opted in.

I used to be in the FSD beta but opted out in early January. I’m now on 2021.44.30.7 (non-FSD release). Over the weekend I requested the opt-in to see my safety score, as i was driving many highway miles and wanted to show a friend how it works.

How long does it usually take between opting in and having Safety Score show up in the app? Does it require another vehicle software update to start the score data gathering? It’s been 3 days now, and still no score in my app. Car screen still shows I’m opted in.
You will likely see it in a few hours after completing your drive. At the most 24 hours. However, I don't believe any miles after opting in and before the safety score is enabled will count. You will need to get the email confirming your enrollment and the SS menu needs to show up on your app first. It also helps to log out and back into the app for it to refresh. I find that issue more with the iOS app than the Android version.

As far as confirmation regarding acceptance to the FSD Beta track, Tesla is suppose to send you a confirmation email, but you likely will not receive one. Keep in mind that the Beta track runs synchronous to a specific software package. If you get an FSD Beta software update, that is all the confirmation you need to know that you are in.

You will likely see it in a few hours after completing your drive. At the most 24 hours. However, I don't believe any miles after opting in and before the safety score is enabled will count. You will need to get the email confirming your enrollment and the SS menu needs to show up on your app first. It also helps to log out and back into the app for it to refresh. I find that issue more with the iOS app than the Android version.

As far as confirmation regarding acceptance to the FSD Beta track, Tesla is suppose to send you a confirmation email, but you likely will not receive one. Keep in mind that the Beta track runs synchronous to a specific software package. If you get an FSD Beta software update, that is all the confirmation you need to know that you are in.
Hmm I’ve taken at least a dozen drives since opting in several days ago, two of which were over 180 miles continuous (in Drive the whole time). I did logout of the app and back in, killed it and restarted it - still no safety score…

As for emails, when I was first accepted into the beta a few months ago, i did get the automated email from Tesla on FSD upon receiving the associated update that included the beta. But none before that, yet I had the safety score in my mobile app soon after opting in (and it disappeared shortly after updating to the FSD beta release).

Something must be up with my opting in request. I’ll try opting out again from the car controls, do a software update (my car is pending 2021.44.30.8), then opt back in to see what happens.

Last edited:
Hmm I’ve taken at least a dozen drives since opting in several days ago, two of which were over 180 miles continuous (in Drive the whole time). I did logout of the app and back in, killed it and restarted it - still no safety score…

As for emails, when I was first accepted into the beta a few months ago, i did get the automated email from Tesla on FSD upon receiving the associated update that included the beta. But none before that, yet I had the safety score in my mobile app soon after opting in (and it disappeared shortly after updating to the FSD beta release).

Something must be up with my opting in request. I’ll try opting out again from the car controls, do a software update (my car is pending 2021.44.30.8), then opt back in to see what happens.
So I've updated to 2021.44.30.8, opted out/back in, rebooted, logged out/in of the phone app, taken several drives, waited a couple of days... still no Safety Score.

Any ideas what might be going on?

Some FAQs for "where's my FSD beta" as the FSD beta audience gets larger...

...Feel free to add other FAQs here as needed.

This thread is a source of good information. I tend to be visual, so developing a pictorial representation of the firmware update pathways was educational for me (and apparently some others) when I was first trying to understand why I at first wasn't getting FSD Beta. Here is my offering: Trying to Make Sense of Recent Software....

I had hoped to track the two "branches" of the software updates until they merged, but that may not happen soon, so I will have to stop updating that table at some point and simply refer people to the two tracking sites and to Not A Tesla App.

Included with that originally were some notes, but because I guess the table got too large (and I was having trouble saving revised versions, I tried moving those notes to a separate thread: What if Your Car Software is "Frozen".

Reactions: Sigma4Life

If you haven't yet... try updating your app and then restarting you phone.

Hi! New here.

I just emailed earlyaccess@ to see what's going on.

I had Early Access FSD Beta on my old car, and I have a new 2022 Model 3 Performance (about 500 miles).

I've been in the queue since January 1st (3 weeks), and I've averaged a safety score of 100 (the first 2 weeks) or 99 the entire time. The score on my old car was also 99 and it only took a couple days before.

I've been averaging over 100 miles every 3 or 4 days.

What do you guys think? Anyone else like this? Is there something I'm missing? Lol

Reactions: Raurele