Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The unofficial "when do I get my FSD beta update" FAQ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Other than some speculative forum posts, is there any substantiation to the claims that they're not accepting more testers?

If this is the case, then I've about had it with Tesla. Been driving X's for the past 6 years and the FSD issue has severely degraded my respect and trust in them. Let's all pay for a promise that may or may not come after we jump through hoops with safety scores and hardware upgrades. Sorry, had to vent, my patience is running low.

Other than some speculative forum posts, is there any substantiation to the claims that they're not accepting more testers?

If this is the case, then I've about had it with Tesla. Been driving X's for the past 6 years and the FSD issue has severely degraded my respect and trust in them. Let's all pay for a promise that may or may not come after we jump through hoops with safety scores and hardware upgrades. Sorry, had to vent, my patience is running low.

That theory holds little water in my opinion.

10.9 has stopped rolling out entirely, even to active FSD Beta testers on older versions. It makes no sense not to continue to roll 10.9 out to those already accepted into the program and on 10.8.1 even if they have discontinued accepting new testers.

This leads me to believe there is more software work being done behind the scenes before they push it wider in a new branch. Whether that be confirming heat pump fixes or a revision to FSD for 10.9.1 to come about. The heat pump debacle has had tesla pushing 3 new software versions in a week while FSD Beta has not had a new branch yet.

We have two Tesla's, both with FSD Beta. I sold one of them, and bought a new Tesla in December. (All have FSD paid.)

The new owner gets to drive around with FSD Beta. I've got 1,500 miles with a 99 score and still no beta. The other car that had FSD Beta is on 10.8.

My theory is that a) they have enough beta testers and have no plans to expand 10.x any further. b) there are major underlying changes that will come in the next 2-3 months (V11) so no reason to expand. The next update will probably be announced in the coming weeks, then a few weeks to a month or two before everyone else with 98+ scores get it.

So I hit 30 days yesterday of applying to FSD beta. Have 2200+ miles and score of 100.

Today however, The Tesla app is not showing any scoring. Is it because of some change that if u apply for beta u get scored for 30 days and the score records frozen till you get inducted in the beta program?

Anyone else experiencing this?

If it matters I’m on 2022.4 firmware.

So I hit 30 days yesterday of applying to FSD beta. Have 2200+ miles and score of 100.

Today however, The Tesla app is not showing any scoring. Is it because of some change that if u apply for beta u get scored for 30 days and the score records frozen till you get inducted in the beta program?

Anyone else experiencing this?

If it matters I’m on 2022.4 firmware.
Not the case for me… just over 30 days since delivery and pushing the beta button. Have had the first couple of days drop off my score (30 day moving window) but my score is still showing. In fact my score went up a point because one of my bad scores of 97 dropped off.

I would reinstall the app on your phone. I am also on 2022.4

Here is the reason for the hold up. Once they fix and compile into new firmware it should begin pushing wide.

• Informative
Reactions: CaptUAL
We have two Tesla's, both with FSD Beta. I sold one of them, and bought a new Tesla in December. (All have FSD paid.)

The new owner gets to drive around with FSD Beta. I've got 1,500 miles with a 99 score and still no beta. The other car that had FSD Beta is on 10.8.

My theory is that a) they have enough beta testers and have no plans to expand 10.x any further. b) there are major underlying changes that will come in the next 2-3 months (V11) so no reason to expand. The next update will probably be announced in the coming weeks, then a few weeks to a month or two before everyone else with 98+ scores get it.
So have you confirmed that the new owner got to keep the FSD Beta Software? I'm selling my car private party in 2 weeks and I have told the prospective buyer that I have the FSD Beta Software but I have no idea if that transfers when I sell the car.

So have you confirmed that the new owner got to keep the FSD Beta Software? I'm selling my car private party in 2 weeks and I have told the prospective buyer that I have the FSD Beta Software but I have no idea if that transfers when I sell the car.
I did the reset in the car and also did the ownership transfer on the website. That was earlier this month. New owner still has FSDBeta.

Reactions: MountainRatMat
I see the 2021.44.30.15 starting to roll out on teslascope.

It seems it has been pushed to some internal testers but I reeeeeally really hope they don’t stick to 44.30.15 for wider release and it’s just for testing because a ton of cars are on 2022.4 now and means they will not get entry into beta. Tesla does not downgrade firmware after successful updates.

It seems it has been pushed to some internal testers but I reeeeeally really hope they don’t stick to 44.30.15 for wider release and it’s just for testing because a ton of cars are on 2022.4 now and means they will not get entry into beta. Tesla does not downgrade firmware after successful updates.
Beta is always a few numbers behind. It always has been. It’s not downgrading, it’s a completely different fork it installs.

Here is the reason for the hold up. Once they fix and compile into new firmware it should begin pushing wide.
I'm thinking this means pushing wide to cars that already have FSD beta, not necessarily wide to everyone that wants it.