Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The unofficial "when do I get my FSD beta update" FAQ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Full Self-Driving Beta v10.10​

• Smoother fork maneuvers and turn-lane selection using high fidelity trajectory primitives.
  • Disabled rolling-stop functionality in all FSD Profiles. This behavior used to allow the vehicle to roll through all-way-stop intersections, but only when several conditions were met, including: vehicle speed less than 5.6 mph, no relevant objects/pedestrians/bicyclists detected, sufficient visibility and all entering roads at the intersection have speed limits below 30mph.
  • Improved generalized static object network by 4% using improved ground truth trajectories.
  • Improved smoothness when stopping for crossing objects at intersections by modeling soft and hard constraints to better represent urgency of the slowdown.
  • Enabled lane changing into an oncoming lane to maneuver around static obstacles, when safe to do so.
  • Improved smoothness for merge handling by enforcing more consistency with previous cycle's speed control decisions.
  • Improved handling of flashing red light traffic controls by adding more caution for events where crossing vehicles may not stop.
  • Improved right of way understanding at intersections with better modeling of intersection extents

• .2021.44.30.15 Official Tesla Software Update | Teslascope

I'm thinking this means pushing wide to cars that already have FSD beta, not necessarily wide to everyone that wants it.

Correct, most of us waiting are on 2022.4 so it’s impossible for us to get this release.

I was more trying to say that the once “10.10” gets compiled into a 2022.x branch that we will be on watch for new entries.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
That aged well. Now we know it’s 60,000 lol. But they should let us know they aren’t accepting more. This feta score limbo sucks

Yes. My 'estimate' was way low. But the hypothesis--that Tesla may have enough FSD Beta testers--is only strengthened. On the other hand, maybe the number of Beta testers doesn't matter because the data is all being handled automatically?

Whatever. Since Tesla has seemingly skimped on hiring employees to, you know, actually interact face-to-face with customers, let's hope that it at least has staffed an adequate number of good coders.

Yes. My 'estimate' was way low. But the hypothesis--that Tesla may have enough FSD Beta testers--is only strengthened. On the other hand, maybe the number of Beta testers doesn't matter because the data is all being handled automatically?

Whatever. Since Tesla has seemingly skimped on hiring employees to, you know, actually interact face-to-face with customers, let's hope that it at least has staffed an adequate number of good coders.

There has been no communication about stoppage of new entries, probably shouldn’t spread that.

We have confirmed the delay was due to changes being made to stop sign rolls. I imagine further onboarding will happen within the month.

There has been no communication about stoppage of new entries, probably shouldn’t spread that.

We have confirmed the delay was due to changes being made to stop sign rolls. I imagine further onboarding will happen within the month.
I sure hope so... I just passed 3000 miles with a score of 99... it's never dropped below 98. getting really over this wait...

Reactions: Robotpedlr
I would be disappointed if I paid for FSD and was not in the Beta program. However, expecting to be in it, is uncalled for. And wining about it will only lead to sorrow.

FSD includes TACC, lane keeping, lane changing, NoA, auto-park, and summon...period. Any other expectations of FSD performance are irrelevant. Driving on City Streets was, is, and may always be, only an aspiration. FSD may never reach public release.

The purpose of the FSD Beta program is to use more and more of the fleet to help identify edge cases, period. Andre and the team need cautious drivers to try out intentionally buggy neural networks. They use the Safety Score as a hurdle to identify a superset of potential testers. Depending on changing needs, a certain quantity of cars are needed at different stages of development.

Wining about, "jumping through hoops" or having to upgrade hardware to be in the pool of potential testers. Or expecting to be included at any stage is missing the point.

This is not about "respect and trust" that Tesla is obligated to give any of us the Beta. Rather it is about being ready (Safety Score), using what ever other criteria THEY may have, so that we may get picked to participate. We need to trust that they are cautious enough. We do not need testers taking the family out for a Sunday FSD Beta drive.

We have been offered the rare opportunity to potentially experience and contribute to one of the most advanced AI efforts ever. If you can't handle driving like grandma and waiting in the meantime, then don't.

Last edited:
I would be disappointed if I paid for FSD and was not in the Beta program. However, expecting to be in it, is uncalled for. And wining about it will only lead to sorrow.

FSD includes TACC, lane keeping, lane changing, NoA, auto-park, and summon...period. Any other expectations of FSD performance are irrelevant. Driving on City Streets was, is, and may always be, only an aspiration. FSD may never reach public release.

The purpose of the FSD Beta program is to use more and more of the fleet to help identify edge cases, period. Andre and the team need cautious drivers to try out intentionally buggy neural networks. They use the Safety Score as a hurdle to identify a superset of potential testers. Depending on changing needs, a certain quantity of cars are needed at different stages of development.

Wining about, "jumping through hoops" or having to upgrade hardware to be in the pool of potential testers. Or expecting to be included at any stage is missing the point.

This is not about "respect and trust" that Tesla is obligated to give any of us the Beta. Rather it is about being ready (Safety Score), using what ever other criteria THEY may have, so that we may get picked to participate. We need to trust that they are cautious enough. We do not need testers taking the family out for a Sunday FSD Beta drive.

We have been offered the rare opportunity to potentially experience and contribute to one of the most advanced AI efforts ever. If you can't handle driving like grandma and waiting in the meantime, then don't.
Thanks for your opinion. It means nothing.

Someone loves to lather in their snake oil. You’re describing enhanced AP, had all of those features except for NoA on my ‘16 X before FSD was even an option. Considering how it was sold, people have a right to be upset and are owed much more than NoA for their purchase. I think the fanboyism has blinded you from reality.

• Disagree
Reactions: EVNow and am_dmd
Someone loves to lather in their snake oil. You’re describing enhanced AP, had all of those features except for NoA on my ‘16 X before FSD was even an option. Considering how it was sold, people have a right to be upset and are owed much more than NoA for their purchase. I think the fanboyism has blinded you from reality.
i paid 10k for FSD, have been in safety score jail for a month / 2000 miles.... Tesla has delivered everything i paid for. I read through all the documents they provide and it very clearly states what you will get and wont you get. i think if you paid that much for FSD expecting a full self driving car yeah you will be pissed off, you'll also be wrong for it. buyer beware in all things, dont buy something if your not sure what it is.

As a LONG time computer person (1973-present) I can not divine any reason or what algorithm they use to give out FSD code. That being said I paid 6K in 2019 and still waiting. I own a bunch of shares of Tesla but I think it's pretty greedy to keep raising the price of FSD and you STILL can't have it. I also think the idea that you can't move your FSD from 1 car to a new one is idiotic. I've moved code on many PCs and many IBM mainframes over the last 45+ years so why not this? You factory reset the car, turn off the FSD "bit" and update to latest non FSD version. I honestly don't think the code is worth 12K. They should bring back EAP as a cheaper option. ALOT of the non-FSD "features" are standard on MANY ICE cars as part of the base price. By the time FSD is available my car will probably be ready to be replaced. One option I thought of would be to replace the battery back with the 4680 when they are standard (I heard of a quote from a guy with a model S that it would cost 10K now)

Reactions: pilotSteve
i paid 10k for FSD, have been in safety score jail for a month / 2000 miles.... Tesla has delivered everything i paid for. I read through all the documents they provide and it very clearly states what you will get and wont you get. i think if you paid that much for FSD expecting a full self driving car yeah you will be pissed off, you'll also be wrong for it. buyer beware in all things, dont buy something if your not sure what it is.
I suspect if you keep waiting until it's really ready it'll probably cost 20K

I suspect if you keep waiting until it's really ready it'll probably cost 20K
i'd be shocked if they didn't increase the price as time went on, but honestly what thing doesn't go up in price with time? literally everything lol thats why i bought it outright when i did

As a LONG time computer person (1973-present) I can not divine any reason or what algorithm they use to give out FSD code. That being said I paid 6K in 2019 and still waiting. I own a bunch of shares of Tesla but I think it's pretty greedy to keep raising the price of FSD and you STILL can't have it. I also think the idea that you can't move your FSD from 1 car to a new one is idiotic. I've moved code on many PCs and many IBM mainframes over the last 45+ years so why not this? You factory reset the car, turn off the FSD "bit" and update to latest non FSD version. I honestly don't think the code is worth 12K. They should bring back EAP as a cheaper option. ALOT of the non-FSD "features" are standard on MANY ICE cars as part of the base price. By the time FSD is available my car will probably be ready to be replaced. One option I thought of would be to replace the battery back with the 4680 when they are standard (I heard of a quote from a guy with a model S that it would cost 10K now)
honestly the way they give out access to the beta seems pretty straightforward, it has defiantly evolved over time but the latest incarnation has been to onboard cars that will add valuable data to the set during new version rollouts. obviously of late that has changed. i do think there is an argument to be made for the lack of visibility on this, they play it more like an auto manufacture than a software company, but i think there is also an argument to be made that trackable bug reports might actually increase customer frustration

i also think its important to point out that no one has paid for FSD Beta since its not a product they actually sell at the moment. whether you purchased FSD or the sub it is entirely up to them who they let in and when and are under no obligation to give anyone anything. what ever you paid for it you got what you paid for, you also got a promise that you would also get additional features in the future and they have delivered some minor aspects of that, but really a promise from a person or a company isn't something you should throw your money at if you are not willing to take the risk.

i do agree it would be nice to be able to transfer your FSD to another car, that is something that feels like it should be the case or maybe even an option to transfer it to your next car at a cheaper rate or something. but thats really no different than apple or Microsoft tying their software licenses to a particular hardware set so nothing unusual there really.

• Informative
Reactions: tps5352
i'd be shocked if they didn't increase the price as time went on, but honestly what thing doesn't go up in price with time? literally everything lol thats why i bought it outright when i did

honestly the way they give out access to the beta seems pretty straightforward, it has defiantly evolved over time but the latest incarnation has been to onboard cars that will add valuable data to the set during new version rollouts. obviously of late that has changed. i do think there is an argument to be made for the lack of visibility on this, they play it more like an auto manufacture than a software company, but i think there is also an argument to be made that trackable bug reports might actually increase customer frustration

i also think its important to point out that no one has paid for FSD Beta since its not a product they actually sell at the moment. whether you purchased FSD or the sub it is entirely up to them who they let in and when and are under no obligation to give anyone anything. what ever you paid for it you got what you paid for, you also got a promise that you would also get additional features in the future and they have delivered some minor aspects of that, but really a promise from a person or a company isn't something you should throw your money at if you are not willing to take the risk.

i do agree it would be nice to be able to transfer your FSD to another car, that is something that feels like it should be the case or maybe even an option to transfer it to your next car at a cheaper rate or something. but thats really no different than apple or Microsoft tying their software licenses to a particular hardware set so nothing unusual there really.
Don't know about Apple but you can move your Microsoft license to another computer. I own alot of Apple and their very closed architecture does has its pluses (no malware) but at LEAST they now allow 3rd party people to fix them. Same with Microsoft Surface (which are GROSSLY overpriced)

Don't know about Apple but you can move your Microsoft license to another computer. I own alot of Apple and their very closed architecture does has its pluses (no malware) but at LEAST they now allow 3rd party people to fix them. Same with Microsoft Surface (which are GROSSLY overpriced)
Actually MS has been moving to digital licensees tied to the hardware profile since Win10... with MS tho there is about 1000 ways to get them to take whatever key you want cause they simply dont care haha... the apple analogy is much better and like you said until recently only AASP could work on them and the costs were nuts (i once sold a 128gb SSD for $1500!). and i think the only reason they allow it now is from some law suits (could be wrong there).

hell software and even hardware as a service is the way tech is heading, tesla is no different. wouldn't surprise me if in the future you couldn't outright buy any car but rather you'd have a subscription to whatever car you want lol.

i waffled on buying FSD on mine since you can add it later but when i found out they were offering it as a sub i grabbed it up in a heartbeat cause it will only get more expensive and my guess would be they stop letting you buy it outright at some point down the road.

-rant over-

• Informative
Reactions: tps5352