Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The unofficial "when do I get my FSD beta update" FAQ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
all of those are Canada. no new US, or people from .17...
Until now…

1648364200830.png

That Canadians who bought Model 3s several months ago are getting FSD Beta before Model X and S owners who LITERALLY kept Tesla out of bankruptcy in 2017 and 2018 is infuriating. I’ve got no problem at all with Canada getting the FSD Beta - that’s great news! - but the US rollout is a ****ing clown show. Is an intern running it? Some temp they found to do janitorial work oh and also please map out the beta deployment strategy?

9K miles with 99-100 score and counting… no FSD beta yet. I’m on version 2022.4.5.17
If you look on teslafi, .17 people have ONLY been updated to the beta except for 1 person who got downgraded it seems?. I’m fairly certain that we are in the queue and being held back from 2022.8 updates.

I’m at 10500 miles and a 99. 4000 in the last 30 day period.

The frustration is real, but our version is the only one not getting new updates, except to the beta.

F***ing Tesla.

I’m on 2022.4.5.18…a firmware that at least has the possibility of being moved to beta (2022.4.5.20) and they just pushed 2022.8.2 to me.

WTF.

I’m going to delay installing, even though I don’t think that does anything. BUT THIS ROLLOUT IS ABSOLUTELY A CLOWN SHOW.

Reactions: unclebnz
F***ing Tesla.

I’m on 2022.4.5.18…a firmware that at least has the possibility of being moved to beta (2022.4.5.20) and they just pushed 2022.8.2 to me.

WTF.

I’m going to delay installing, even though I don’t think that does anything. BUT THIS ROLLOUT IS ABSOLUTELY A CLOWN SHOW.
Same thing just happened to me. 2022.4.5.18 -> 2022.8.2

I just went ahead an installed it, figuring my chances of beta are low anyway. Who knows? I hope your delay proves fruitful.

Reactions: Seattle Tom
Pretty sure 2022.4.5.17 is the group that’s going to get accepted to beta in the US. I’d put money on it.

-It’s all low milage people, probably recent buyers that are waiting for their chance at the beta
-not specific to Ryzen because I’m a 2022 from December with the intel chip, So it’s not specific to hardware
-It’s a small subset being held back from .18 and 8.2. And I know there are a lot of people waiting for beta in .17
-there are already Canadians on beta from .17

No other reason for it to be different people from .18
Just my opinion.

Reactions: 45thParallel
Pretty sure 2022.4.5.17 is the group that’s going to get accepted to beta in the US. I’d put money on it.

-It’s all low milage people, probably recent buyers that are waiting for their chance at the beta
-not specific to Ryzen because I’m a 2022 from December with the intel chip, So it’s not specific to hardware
-It’s a small subset being held back from .18 and 8.2. And I know there are a lot of people waiting for beta in .17

Just my opinion.
What about model s/x? That model never got .17. Do they just not get the beta?

Just my opinion.
Good luck of course (to us all!!!), but I don’t think they have a “Waiting Room.” That implies a level of organization and future planning that seems…out of character for the FSD Beta rollout process. LOL

• Funny
Reactions: Sigma4Life
I bought my Model Y in January with FSD. I applied for the Beta program in February and my current score is 100. But I only have 2022.4.5.17. At what point does Tesla provide the 2022.8.2? I know then I join another queue for the actual Beta FSD. At least I will be at the door knocking. I do hope Tesla starts expanding the Beta program. It was easier waiting for delivery!